Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9613 topics in this forum

• 23 replies
    • 28.2k views
    • 9 replies
    • 3.8k views
  1. D&EI MB ON HOLD

• 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. ZERO HOUR

• 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Zebras and Ducks

• 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. YPT question

• 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 62 replies
    • 7.5k views
  5. YPT and family members 1 2 3

• 33 replies
    • 6k views
    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. YP/Program Quality 1 2 3 4 12

• 169 replies
    • 21.6k views
  7. YP and G2SS Questions 1 2 3 4

• 48 replies
    • 5.5k views
    • 20 replies
    • 3.3k views
  8. Youth Training 1 2

• 20 replies
    • 3.3k views
  • LATEST POSTS

• I would say my troop is pretty outdoorsy. We camp 10/12 months, with a lock in IF possible in December and 2 weekends of Scouting For Food in February, being the 2 months we do not camp. Even during COVID, we continued to meet, virtually and outside, had monthly day trips in the outdoors, and even did our own summer camp. Yes we car camp, but we also backpack, cycle, and do canoeing and whitewater activities. And the Scouts pick Summer Camps with the program they want, with the only caveat being it has to be within an 8 hour drive. The last 2 batches of Webelos that visited, the activities scared the parents.
    • "Sexual activity is prohibited in Scouting." https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Understanding-and-Preventing-Youth-on-Youth-Abuse-Training-for-Camp-Directors-facilitators-Guide-2024.pdf https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Understanding-and-Preventing-Youth-on-Youth-Abuse-Training-for-Camp-Staff-and-NYLT-Facilitators-Guide-2024.pdf
    • Well, I’m not sure about programs, but I am pretty sure my daughter (and other Scouts) in our troop wouldn’t have stepped up and spoken up with boys in their troop. 
    • Well, I just resigned my commissioner position.  Could no longer justify spending the time I'm in that area to myself.  I can't get motivated to do the things I need to do for Cub Scout Day Camp at this point.  Tossing a 114 year old name on the trash heap has really destroyed my dedication.  
    • At one European camp I was at, the couple were not responding to anyone, and folks pulled the tent pegs out to have the tent collapse to get their attention.
  • Who's Online (See full list)