I know that the deadline for all registered leaders to complete YPT2 is 10/1/2018.  As SM, I have taken it.  As a Committee Member, my wife has also.  I don't know if anyone else has yet.  We are a small Troop and don't have many more than the minimum number of leaders.  What happens on 10/2/2018 if we have some leaders who have not completed YPT2?  I've been emailing & reminding them about it, but haven't gotten much response.  I've only heard from one Committee Member who said she's not going to recharter next year, so she's not taking it.  Our recharter is due 1/1/19.  I haven't gotten any response from our COR or pastor either, as they each need to do it also.

Same here, SM and ASM's and some other adult leaders have or will meet that deadline. No spouses of those leaders and no other parents as of yet despite reminders . Hard to press them  in Sept  for one more hour with all the outings, fundraisers, Eagle projects, as well as school, family,... where they are helping and some of them have already taken another YP for school,  church, clubs, and sports volunteering. 

From what I've heard on Facebook.  If your current leaders do not take it before the cutoff, when it comes to recharter, they will not be on the charter, and you will have to get a new adult application and YPT to register them. 

Edited by scotteg83

7 hours ago, awanatech said:

What happens on 10/2/2018 if we have some leaders who have not completed YPT2?

What we have been told as Commissioners is that anyone who has not updated to the new version of YPT by 10/1/18 will have their registration terminated.  In order to recharter they would then have to fill out a new adult application and submit it, along with a current YPT certificate.

I have been reminding people in my units, and have seen a lot of waiting until the last minute.  In my own pack and troop we are seeing the same, although we are down to only one in the pack.  I am pretty sure that we have several in the troop who will end up lapsing.  When that happens, we will see if they actually disappear from our troop roster.

I waited until last week so that I would be covered for WSJ and any other activities the following summer. I think now is a good time to rally your adults to get it done so they are prepared for next summer and the one after.

If you need to train a lot of adults, talk to your DC about bringing a trainer in to administer the course during one of your meetings.

3 hours ago, qwazse said:

I waited until last week so that I would be covered for WSJ and any other activities the following summer. I think now is a good time to rally your adults to get it done so they are prepared for next summer and the one after.

If you need to train a lot of adults, talk to your DC about bringing a trainer in to administer the course during one of your meetings.

That's how we get tedious trainings done. Get a trainer (generally me) to conduct the training at a meeting, where those folks typically are anyways. 

Edited by Sentinel947

7 hours ago, scotteg83 said:

From what I've heard on Facebook.  If your current leaders do not take it before the cutoff, when it comes to recharter, they will not be on the charter, and you will have to get a new adult application and YPT to register them. 

7 hours ago, MikeS72 said:

What we have been told as Commissioners is that anyone who has not updated to the new version of YPT by 10/1/18 will have their registration terminated.  In order to recharter they would then have to fill out a new adult application and submit it, along with a current YPT certificate.

This is what I've been told as well.

It's not just for units. MBC who fail to meet the deadline will be dropped, as well as district, council, area, region, etc.  volunteers.

My mom, who is a MBC, was emailed if she didn’t complete the training by then she would have reapply as a brand new MBC.

Edited by ItsBrian

In my council, MBC’s had to take it by Sept. 7 or we would be dropped from the counselor list.  For everybody else the deadline is Oct. 1.  I do not understand the “special treatment”, but I complied with it.