It is with great and sincere regrets that I have to inform you all of my mothers (MooseTracker) Passing she was a long time senior forum member. and loved all the debates and being able to help people on her. She just thought that this was such a wonderful community.

Since scouting was such a huge part of her life we wanted to have it as part of her celebration of life in more then just a flag capacity. I know we are having it at a scout camp but if any of you have any ideas on how we can incorporate the scouts into the ceremony the family would love to hear them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Answer to sombodys question of how we came up with the names. I was nicknamed Moose Many many years ago by a bunch of my friends because I am a big burly but docile guy unless I need to be otherwis

MoosetheItalianBlacksmith, I will break silence to express how deeply saddened I am to hear about your mom. She was a truly good human being who, with great eloquence and passion, expressed empathy an

I too, will miss Moosetracker, although after getting to know her online, I had the joy and priveledge of getting to know her in "real life" I served on her training team and helped her son and husban

I'm very sorry to hear that. Your mother's posts were always very interesting to read and she gave great service to Scouting for many years, and was a good example for service for you and other members of your family. She will be missed around here. My condolences to you and your family.

Moderator Note: I have "pinned" this thread for greater visibility.

Edited by NJCubScouter
Added note

MIB, thanks for the update, and my sympathies.

I lost Momma at about your age and it's been a bit of a lonely road. I guess it's that way for most folks, but introducing the kids (one of whom is following in her footsteps in so many ways) to her from this side of Eternity is bittersweet.

I would suggest that you have family and friends bring something for a scrapbook ... a quote, a story, a picture, or a patch/award she gave them. Something that helped them be a better person for having known her. Try to assemble it on a table at camp. The scouts can help with the collecting and glueing.  Make a copy or two for different family to keep on their respective shelves.

If there's a visitation evening, the boys are probably gonna want to all come together to pay their respects. Some of them might have never done anything like this before, so make sure that there's a committee member to explain whatever is customary for you all.

I am very sorry for your famiy's loss.

I always valued her comments and advice here on the forum.

----

I lost a Scouting mentor a few years ago, and we held a memorial service for him at the camp he loved.  This was secondary to the service the family held where he lived.

We used the camp chapel (which was particularly appropriate as he had led services there for summer camp for 30+ years).

Scouts young and old were invited to speak to how he influenced their lives.  We ran a slide show capturing his years of service to scouting.

It was a very nice way to say goodby to an old scouter.

God's peace to you and your family.  Losing a parent is devastating to say the least.  The loss in this case is doubled because not only will your family mourn the loss but so will hundreds if not thousands of lives that she touched through her scouting family (and even her extended electronic scouter family here on the forum.)  She will be missed and that is an excellent legacy any life should leave in this world.

Edited by Stosh

Very sorry to hear this. It's always hard to put it in words, especially on a forum. Of course, your mom did a good job of putting down words on this forum and I always appreciated that.

But tell us, is there a story behind the name Moose Tracker? Or Moose the Italian blacksmith? Stories are always a good way to remember someone. I'd make that a part of a memorial.

Wow. Moosetracker was a valued member here. She made a tremendous difference on this forum and in the lives of countless Scouts. 

I'll keep you, your mother, and your family in my prayers. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Best thing I've seen is for Scouts and Scouters to attend services in uniform. 

Sentinel947.

• MattR unpinned this topic