Unit refuses to hold elections

On 5/18/2022 at 9:05 PM, jscouter1 said:

Hello, some of you may now know me as the kid who really wants to join the OA. Well I am here to tell you guys that my journey has come to a sad end. I have tried all chances to join but none of them have turned out. My SM denied an election, surrounding troops wouldnt do dual enrollment, and even the lodge in the council neighboring has "ghosted' me. So I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys and you are truly all lucky to be involved in such a great organization and brotherhood.

- A friend in scouting, 

Truly sorry to read that.  If by any chance you end up in upper Maryland,  give me a shout.  We have a good sized law enforcement Explorer Post and some very pro OA advisors and SMs.  You sound like the kind of guy who would fit right in. Please don't let this decision  by a foolish SM sour the rest of your scouting journey.  OA is just a part of it.  

Hope to see you on the trail sometime, somewhere,

Oldscout 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I recall my days in OA, the Scoutmaster begins the process by developing a list of scouts who are qualified for election, based on rank, # of nights camped, and last but not least, "Scout Spirit". 

Let me preface my comments by saying that as a youth, I was a Brotherhood member of the OA, and in my senior year was simultaneously SPL of my troop and editor of the Lodge newsletter, so I know from

My problem with OA today is that the program drivers (adult sponsors) don't plan a program where the activities practice growth toward the honor of serving others and camping. As a scout in the 70's,

Posted Images