Camping & High Adventure

Sign in to follow this  

Share a camping tip.

Subforums

1. Equipment Reviews & Discussions

Discussions dealing with equipment topics (tents, lights, packs, boots, stoves, etc.)

Tales of Scout cooks, prized techniques and yummy recipes for gathering around the fire.

1710 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Winter Camping

• 11 replies
    • 3 replies
  2. Camping Safety

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 5 replies
  3. Learning to Portage...

• 7 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • LATEST POSTS

• Props to you for trying to collaborate with your neighboring pack. Find as many opportunities as possible to do so. One day your scouts will be teens and will tell you how stupid it is that their buddies are in different troops.
    • “They have this range all set up where the boys can shoot an M4, M240, and M249. It maybe the first and last chance a lot of these guys get to shoot some of these weapons. They do have some bigger guns and they were telling them that if they want to shoot those, they have to join the Army,” said SM Murdock. What a great Scout outing. Thanks to US Army and SM Murdock. https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Boy-Scouts-shoot-Army-weapons-at-Fort-Rileys-32nd-Annual-Apple-Day--494075211.html Though I did not enter the military, Scouting ,and only Scouting,  provided me some exposure to military - staying at USAF bases on Philmont trip,  Air Force Academy, airshows,  ship visits, range shooting...all great.
    • @GreenBarHill  welcome to scouter.com. Perhaps you know @CedarsEagle  ?    
    • Why not use a neat logo with "Anytown Scouts" on it? Use the BSA  logo and that would cover both the pack and troop and use the number...
    • Hello all! Love the forum and have taken in lots of info and ideas and am glad to be here. I am an Eagle Scout (class of 1997) and am currently the Cubmaster for my sons Pack, which was the Pack of my youth. I took over earlier this past spring. I am excited about my role as Cubmaster and the opportunity to give back what I have learned through the values of Scouting. As you can see by my user name (my last name is Hill)  that I am a BIG believer in and supporter of traditional Scouting methods especially the patrol method (which I know isn’t as much of a focus at the Cub level however our Webelos are beginning to learn this) keeping and putting even more of the “outing” in Scouting. Most of all, making the experience fun, worthwhile and meaningful for the boys and now the girls, too! I am also a perpetual student of history. I love Scouting history, American history and I am also the historian for a BBQ grill collecting club. I am looking forward to interacting with my fellow Scouters on the boards. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)