Staying On Topic

Bob White posted:

I hope the moderators join me in hoping you will confine your posts to the topic of the thread, rather than your personal opinions of other posters or in trying to expose personal information about them.

Seems we all stray from the topic from time to time. Even Bob. What cracks me up is Bob feels it necessary to chide everyone about it but when someone chides him he claims he is being attacked!

Does everyone feel staying on topic is important or should a new topic be spun off?

I feel there are time when the topic, for lack of a better word, "grows" as the discussion continues and don't see the need to spin off a new topic or chide those who stray.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like thread drift, it can be entertaining, it is much like a regular conversation. You can start off talking about the game on Sunday, mention a play which reminds someone of a game they saw with Denver five years ago, that brings in Denver and someone else recalls a bar in Denver, and so on and so on and scooby-dooby-dooby-do.

Are you implying that us Scouters can't stay on topic?

Why that's just...

Oh look, is that a Red Tail Hawk?

ADHD has not definitely been tied to either cultural or biological/hereditary sources, so ya'll are on your own.

Howbout that Walt Johnson, uh?

"Scooby, dooby doo"

Hey I thought it was Frank Sinatra and 'Strangers in the Night'.

And, BTW, I think playing golf is not athletic...I'm with Twain - it's a "good walk spoiled".

Everyone is ready to pounce on everybody. Kind of like a game of tag. Just good fun.