Staying On Topic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...might not be a hawk at all. Could be a falcon.

Indigenous name for hawk where I work is Mebbin. Mibben from where I live though. Funny how words have different meanings isn't it? Causes people to grab the wrong end of the shovel.

Speaking of shovels I once had a nice No 14 and an in-tents fascination with precipitation. I was young then ...

Jocularity, jocularity. Anyone remember the TV show M*A*S*H? Two actors played Father Mulcahy. Who played Father Francis John Patrick Mulcahy and who played him in the pilot only (as Father John Patrick Francis Mulcahy)? Bonus question, can anyone answer why his names were changed around?

Father Mulcahy in the movie was played by Rene Auberjonois who went on to be Clayton on Benson, Odo on Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Paul Lewsiton on Boston Legal

George Morgan was Father Mulcahy in the pilot and was replaced by William Christopher in the show

But of course we all know Capt Christopher Pike, as played by Jeffrey Hunter as the first Capt of the Enterprise.

Jeffrey Hunter had eyes deep enough for Michael Phelps to set a record in

Ah, Dianna Rigg in a catsuit,

You know, you compare her to Uma Thurman and as well toss in Michelle Philips and Halle Berry, but Dianna Rigg still tops them all

Of course, the first HMS Enterprise was built in Plymouth England in 1709 and sailed the Virgina coast under the command of Nicholas Smith.

This topic has taught me more about Indian Guides than I ever knew.

As Martha would say: "Its a good thing".

Speaking of old shows...........

One that was a shoo-in was Get Smart; see it now on one of the "oldies" networks.

Same station had Combat a year ago; odd how dated it seemed, especially the jeep scenes.

Ever wonder how all these supposedly well trained people can shoot so many bullets and still not hit anything?

By the way..........They are talking about bullet trains between Frisco and LA. Ooops, got off track again.