Camping & High Adventure

Share a camping tip.

Subforums

1. Equipment Reviews & Discussions

Discussions dealing with equipment topics (tents, lights, packs, boots, stoves, etc.)

Tales of Scout cooks, prized techniques and yummy recipes for gathering around the fire.

1906 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 11k views
    • 3 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 3k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    • 49 replies
    • 4.8k views
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  1. Adult vs. Youth 1 2 3

• 31 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Adult leader in a troop 1 2

• 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Adult free campouts 1 2 3

• 33 replies
    • 3.5k views
  4. Adult Competitions 1 2

• 24 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  • LATEST POSTS

• My thoughts are how are they going to spend money they don't have to rebrand everything.  I expect dues to go up even higher next year.  Will the ring that goes around the World Scouting Crest, which currently says "Boy Scouts of America Since 1910", now say "Boy Scouts of America, from 1910 to 2025"?  Also, besides the obvious change to the Eagle rank patch, what about the Eagle medal that shows BSA across the Eagle?  What will Scouts BSA members now be called?  I hope and pray they don't use the SA abbreviation at all, as this has major ties to old Nazi party, who were often called brownshirts.
    • I have, because I was trying to find just a regular scouting experience for my child with no semi-official Christian affiliation, no gender segregation, and applying the Scout Law and Oath to everyone all the time (no discrimination). They don't have the lineage, but I was willing to just fill my child in on BP and scouting myself, as a stopgap until US scouting got things sorted out. I tried contacting several listed chapters close to us but never got a response. I don't think they are as much of an option as it seems.
    • My troop had zero couples in my entire time. All coed all the time including tenting together.
    • It does not appear to have been any real issue in the larger World Scouting.  Adolescent youth are just that, and a coed unit is no more a real problem than simply having classes together or even going to Sunday school.  It is normal life for youth, and the coed part is NOT the problem, if there is one.  It is poor supervision and lack of parental involvement to teach right and wrong.  JMHO of course.  
    • I know of several youth couples in separate troops that attend OA events regularly, work summer camp staff together and are even in the same Venturing crew. The reality is the potential is already there, and no one is staying up all night to supervise.
  • Who's Online (See full list)