Chapter 11 Announced - Part 7 - Plan 5.0 - Voting/Confirmation

34 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

I would like to be the fly on the wall when the coalitions bankers start asking for the repayment on the loans.

And I believe that is a good thing.  The more I have learned about the claims harvesting in this event, the more I hope they lose their butts on this as a "business venture".  While I understand some older claimants may deal with age-related memory issues, it is really a stretch to me when I hear tens of thousands of claimants don't have any recollection of where they were abused, who abused them or even how they were abused.  Again, I am blessed (or suffer from) recalling most details from my events 50 years ago, so maybe it's just me.  The process is very flawed imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the time that a vote total approaches, I encourage everyone to repeat the Scout Oath and Law several times to remind us how to treat one another.  There are victims here who wish for the plan

I just finished reading Bates' report.  Now I have a headache.  It's well-written, but a bunch of spin.  So we're too old to deserve a decent settlement?  While I get the sol issue, if a suit is valid

66% is the threshold for a bankruptcy.  However, WSJ was reporting even BSA admitted they needed 75% which they didn't reach.  There are two issues that the 73% causes. One will be with Silverste

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

So, when does the ball drop, anyway? Is Ryan Seacrest on standby?

Only if he has taken YP training and been vetted in whichever states that have special volunteer requirements.🙄

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Eagle1970 said:

Again, I am blessed (or suffer from) recalling most details from my events 50 years ago, so maybe it's just me.  The process is very flawed imo.

I believe that's a close description of trauma - one can't forget. So, I don't think it's just you.

• Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, Eagle1970 said:

The more I have learned about the claims harvesting in this event, the more I hope they lose their butts on this as a "business venture".

41 minutes ago, Eagle1970 said:

The process is very flawed imo.

For good or for ill (more often than not mine), I have a low threshold and hair trigger on my injustice reflex. It has often gotten me into trouble defending people in sometimes no-win situations. Occasionally, I win regardless. This goes all the way back to objecting to physically abusive parents to neighborhood bullies who picked on my brothers to developers who force out and displace at risk populations to COVID Era politicians and businesses who abuse the unsuspecting up to and including a giant insurer who took advantage of me and others similarly situated. I just hate it. Along those lines, often having too much time on my hands, I have been studying and pondering opportunism, defined as follows:

“Opportunism is the practice of taking advantage of circumstances – with little regard for principles or with what the consequences are for others.”

This situation has so many avenues and parties that wreak of opportunism it makes me sad, angry and disgusted. (I wonder how many times I’ve used that last word on this forum. Hm. I resisted saying “nauseated.”) While there are many parties who are well-meaning and truly concerned for things/people they love, there are many others in this Carnival slicing away seeking multiple pounds of flesh. They epitomize opportunism of the first order. The backs they are skinning have already suffered enough. I realize I am powerless to get at them, but I hope and pray someone or something does. I know that might cross purposes with my faith and beliefs, but if I can’t battle them...

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

So, when does the ball drop, anyway? Is Ryan Seacrest on standby?

Or are we waiting for white/black smoke above BSA HQ?

1) Omni said they needed every minute possible ... so I don't expect anything until late today ... but we could be surprised.

2) I'm not sure if this will be on the docket or publicly available.  I expect all parties will be made aware sometime today.  

I'm infrequently refreshing the docket & watching for some specific tweets to see if anything comes out.  Silence so far.

2 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Omni said they needed every minute possible ... so I don't expect anything until late today ... but we could be surprised.

A news guy just told me “very soon.” Both words are, of course, relative and subjective.

Edited by RememberSchiff
Removed the unscoutlike potty talk
3 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

Did you hear that roaring silence emanating from NY and Philadelphia? It’s what losing sounds like. 

Hello darkness my old friend, I’ve come to to you again…

Yes. The words of the prophet are screaming in the form of no noticed Coalition update notice, ja? Who knows. I speak in ignorance waiting to catch the subway. (Please don’t say I’m being incoherent and/or obtuse. Suffer me this one.)

If I were Omni I'd prep the docket notice, turn off my phone, turn the lights off at the end of the day, walk back in the dark, hit "send" and then run to the door, lock up and keep running.  There will be questions and I'd want to get a good night's sleep first!

9 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Yes. The words of the prophet are screaming in the form of no noticed Coalition update notice, ja? Who knows. I speak in ignorance waiting to catch the subway. (Please don’t say I’m being incoherent and/or obtuse. Suffer me this one.)

No official update as far as I can tell.  I think the cancellation of the townhall could be that they don't know the official vote count yet and want to wait and see that info as it will impact what they communicate.  I don't think it means it didn't go well for the BSA.  (Similar to the deposition requests ... now both sides are deposing the other about votes).

We should know by late tonight or tomorrow.  

7 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

We should know by late tonight or tomorrow.

I’m going with the end of the day, remembering Omni is on PT. Taking bets. And, btw, MYCVA. Don’t try to go all in with that stinky dang beret, yet again. 

32 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

No official update as far as I can tell.  I think the cancellation of the townhall could be that they don't know the official vote count yet and want to wait and see that info as it will impact what they communicate.  I don't think it means it didn't go well for the BSA.  (Similar to the deposition requests ... now both sides are de

The Coalition law firm claim to speak for 60000 claimants. They’ve been using the eBallot. They’ve known the probable outcome for weeks. They didn’t file their master ballots with OMNI until the very last day. They know. It’s bad for them. 
So now they are looking for a Wag the Dog distraction to avoid having to admit failure. It’s classic. The best war they appear to have been able to manufacture is the Kosnoff/Lucas e-mail. 

That dog won’t hunt no more. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

They’ve known the probable outcome for weeks.

I know Prof. Jacoby indicated that major law firms likely know the outcome ... so you are probably correct.  I just don't want to jump to conclusions yet.  I think unless the vote is very close to the number needed, attempts to disqualify ballots are just a waste of money and time.  It would be much better to restart negotiations then try and see a few percentage points swing in a failing outcome.