Girl Scouts Suing the Boy Scouts

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were coming back from an outing last week, stopped for lunch, saw the Girl Scouts were selling cookies nearby so we wandered over and bought some cookies, talked about our recent outing, heard abou

As a DL for a female den, I try to never use gender terms. My girls are "scouts." If I start to say, "hey girls" I quickly correct myself and call them "scouts." Using gender terms is a crutch I, as a

What we have here is a great opportunity for BSA to correct a bad branding decision.  Who are Scouts BSA?  The public doesn't know.  It has no history, no identity.  You have to explain it, and it goe

Posted Images

Here is what I don't get we (Boy Scouts of America) are trying to be the bigger person, and welcome female scouts, and in return what do we get a thank you NO.... we get a lawsuit. The GSUSA should have had the changes to there program years ago when their members said they wanted to camp and not just make crafts and "World Thinking Day"

10 hours ago, chief027 said:

Here is what I don't get we (Boy Scouts of America) are trying to be the bigger person, and welcome female scouts, and in return what do we get a thank you NO.... we get a lawsuit. The GSUSA should have had the changes to there program years ago when their members said they wanted to camp and not just make crafts and "World Thinking Day"

It saddens me to think that my past donations to GSUSA might be wasted on fat legal fees instead of on programs and equipment that actually help girls learn and grow into competent, confident young women.

I sure am going to miss those Thin Mints next year when I have to politely say "No" to the first girl to ask me for a cookie order... 

26 minutes ago, mrkstvns said:

I sure am going to miss those Thin Mints next year when I have to politely say "No" to the first girl to ask me for a cookie order... 

I think I’ll have to go into hiding after sharing this link.  I’ve tried a couple of these.... they are identical cookies to the point the space between chocolate drizzle lines are identical.

I still recommend buying the cookies as at least part of the funds help local scouts.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/girl-scout-cookie-equivalents-grocery-store-alternatives-to-thin-mints-samoas-tagalongs

Well, you should remember, the GS used to bake the cookies themselves.  Corporate come down, health department lean on,  bureaucratic bust,  and here we are:   GSCookies  sell off knock off copy of.   

Dutch Oven Brownies?  Now there's a cookie name....   

40 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

I think I’ll have to go into hiding after sharing this link.  I’ve tried a couple of these.... they are identical cookies to the point the space between chocolate drizzle lines are identical.

I still recommend buying the cookies as at least part of the funds help local scouts.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/girl-scout-cookie-equivalents-grocery-store-alternatives-to-thin-mints-samoas-tagalongs

That's because they are the exact same cookies.  As the article mentions, Little Brownie Bakers is a subsidiary of Keebler. Keebler Grasshoppers and Coconut Dreams are the exact same cookies as Thin Mints and Samoas. Made in the same factory. When they come off the line, some go into a Keebler box, some go into a Girl Scout Cookies box.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks
56 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

I hear that Aldi sells knock-offs of all the popular Girl Scout cookie flavors. 

I might have to give 'em a try.

I stopped buying Girl Scout cookies several years ago.  I have talked with a couple of friends who are Mom's and asked if there was a way I could help support their scouts without contributing to the national organization.  A couple times they have called me on it and I have happily helped.  It feels a lot better than just buying cookies especially since Thin Mints/Grasshoppers are the only ones I really like anyway.