Our Troop will soon have it's first Eagle since I took over as SM.  I know some Troops in the area give an Eagle gift to the Scout during his COH.  Some of them that I know of:  his name on the Eagle plaque, an engraved Eagle statue, a lifetime membership to NESA.

Does your Troop give an Eagle gift?  If so, what is it?

Troop buys the eagle award kit consisting of  the patch, medal, mentor pin.  Adults agree to attend the ECOH.   Troop has a box of COH and ECOH decorations.  Usual stuff: candles, tablecloths, stuff to put on the podium, etc.  If the ECOH is held separately from the standard COH, the eagle family can borrow the box of decorations for the ceremony.

Old troop paid for kit, necker, and slide, and either invites/programs or a scrapbook.

(For son #2, I' don't think I bothered requesting reimbursement.)

Their name is added to a plaque in the church hall.

Now that we've merged, not sure what we'll do.

Our Troop will soon have it's first Eagle since I took over as SM.  I know some Troops in the area give an Eagle gift to the Scout during his COH.  Some of them that I know of:  his name on the Eagle plaque, an engraved Eagle statue, a lifetime membership to NESA.

Does your Troop give an Eagle gift?  If so, what is it?

We do the following:

• Troop Eagle plaque with the names of all our Eagles. We add each name as awarded. Each name is an individual shield added to the plague (think employee of the month style).
  • The Troop has the Eagle certificate framed. This is paid for by the Troop through funds raised during the year.

The Troop pays for the standard Eagle Award Kit and the first year of the Eagle's Call Magazine. We also pay of a 1/2 flat cake(or the equivalent price towards food). We also have a large certificate printed and framed with room for all of the meritbadges the scout has earned.

The chartering organization pays for his name to be added to a plaque they have hanging up and the lettering to add his name and year he became an Eagle to our trailer and bus.

I've seen everything from the presentation kit only Eagle Knife to NESA lifetime memberships.  One of my friends had a chartered helicopter flight for him and the other Eagles in his troop as they do only 1 ECOH per year, and they make it a doozy.

In my troop, we got the presentation kit, COH, name on a plaque, and our name and year burnt onto a table decoration for future troop COHs.  I remember moving around my table decoration a few times to "reserve my spot. ;)

One thing I received, and this was a gift from the SM, was an Eagle pendant.  I personally have given out copies of the BSA's first edition handbook.

• 4 weeks later...

We do the standard Eagle kit and then buy a shadow box frame that hold the Eagle certificate and an Eagle medal.  We buy a second stand alone Eagle medal so the Scout doesn't have to take the frame apart to wear his Eagle medal at subsequent ECOHs for other Scouts.  Food, drinks, cake - all that is on the family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Council provides the presentation kit.  Troop provides an American flag flown over the US Capital in the Scout's name, engraved Eagle coin with troop #, scout's name, date of EBOR, and Eagle Roll #, and the book Spirit of Adventure.  And of course adding the Scout's name to the Eagle Honor Roll plaque that hangs in the church.  Family funds the refreshments.