What was/is the highest rank you have achieved...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrow of Light in Cubs

Eagle Scout

Was Assistance Scoutmaster

Current Troop Committee member

Current District Advancement Chair

Current Unit COmmissioner for a Troop and Pack

Current Crew Committee Member

Current Merit Badge Counselor for Gadening, Citizenship in the Nation, Community and World

(And a Good Ol'bear too)

Youth:

Ranks: Arrow of Light, Life Scout

Highest positions: SPL, JASM

Adult:

At age 18 I became an ASM but was only active for the 8 months until I started college.

As a "real" adult, I was a Den Leader and Assistant Cubmaster, and am now a Troop Committee Member.

Scouts: Life with all merit badges for Eagle turned 18 before I could get a service project together. Offices: Quartermaster, SPL, PL.

Adult: Tiger cub leader 1 yr, Den leader 1 yr, Cubmaster 2yrs, Scoutmaster 1yr thus far. Like Boy Scouts much better than Cubs less parent involvement (boys actually get to participate as their parents do not have to come).

Woodbadge: Bears rock!

Cubs-AOL, Par Vul Dei (lower Roman catholic award came out when i was in Boy scouts)

Boy Scouts-Eagle (when i get offical confirmation back from Texas) Ad Altare Dei

Chaplain Aide, PL, ASPL, SPL, and currently ASM.

Lion/Arrow of Light

Eagle

Eligible for Bronze Palm, but never officially applied for it

Pro Deo et Patria (Lutheran)

OA Brotherhood Honor

Chapter Vice Chief

PL, SPL, Scribe

ASM, SM, DL, CM

Currently TroopCC, Dist Training Chair, OA Chapter Assoc. Advisor

All hail the future Eagle Scout and Ranger! As an Eagle Scout who's too old and too young to have earned the Ranger Award, I applaud SPL's accomplishments.

Please let me know, and all of us, when you have earned either the Eagle or the Ranger or both. Expecially both.

The Eagle is a beloved badge of the BSA and carries high expectations, which I'm sure you'll meet. As a ranger, you'll have high expectations from those of us with knowledge of the requirements.

Mark my words, however (this is to all) someday, the ranger will be known as the "next step" for the Eagle Scout. If you read the requirements and don't say, "Wow" you're probably an Army Ranger, Navy S.E.A.L. or Air Force Reconnaissance. Those guys are good and so are the Venturing Rangers.

DS

Thank you dsteele, for I will hold you high in my thoughts when I ventur further into my Eagle. When I graduate, I hope to join some military for at least 2 years. And after that, i hope to become a lawyer. Then I will be following the Scout Oath, "To do my duty to God and My Country".

Am I then only teenager in on this site? I kinda feel awkward no if I am.

Hey SPL, nice to see you get out of the Venture section and move onto other areas. Actually there are a couple of teenagers here, HOPS Scout is one and Outdoor Thinker still qualifies as a teenager for another 6 months or so.

BTW, I am not sure I fully understood your answer to a question I asked previously. You are 14 now, yet you have earned the Bronze award in Venturing and you say you are very close to earning Ranger yet your Venture Crew has not yet formed, its just been talked about alot. A quesiton for DSteele, can you earn the Bronze while not registered as a Crew member?

Life Scout

Arrow of Light

Assistant Cubmaster

Cubmaster

Scoutmaster two times

Assistant Scoumaster

Current advancement chariman

Current Assistant Scoutmaster

Current Boy Scout Camping Chairman for District

Have just been ask to start and serve as Scoutmast of another troop in March of 2004...don't know...wow...I just love this stuff.

I think I said this somewhere else before but what the heck :)

I am 14

I have earned the Bronze Award in the Venturering "Patrol"

In the requirments for Ranger, the majority of them are also merit badges, and with the merit badges, I will reuse that knowledge and do work the Ranger requirements

See, I'm not using the merit badges to count off the requirements, but using what I learn to acheive the Ranger Award requirments.

Until Im'm told I can use the merit badges to count off the requirements, I will just use the knowledge to work the requiremnets.

Now thats a tounge twister!!!!

Also, I wont be 15 until August, so I will be the yougest Eagle in my troop, parish, pretty sure district, pretty sure council, but not for sure bout state.