What was/is the highest rank you have achieved...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think that I might have mentioned that I am a Queens Scout.

As of today I serve as a District Chairman and Council Training Chairman.

I think that the Nomnating Committee will keep as the District Chair.

My "Term Of Office" As Training Chair. comes to an end at the end of the year.

Then I off to join the Regional Staff to help promote and organize the two troops that we are sending to the world jamboree in 2007.

After that I don't know.

This year I got to be the Course Director for a Wood Badge Course. That was really "cool".

I will be one of the Scoutmasters for one of the National Jamboree Troops from our council in 2005.

Eamonn

I was a Life Scout. I held the following positions: Patrol Leader, Scribe, ASPL, SPL, and JASM.

My current position is Scout Roundtable Commissioner. I've been asked to serve as the District Commissioner and I'll move into that position in December.

I am also currently the Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, and Advisor for my units. Those positions will be filled by new volunteers this recharter.

I also mentioned in another thread that I am the Institutional Head for my Chartered Organization. It'll be good to be wearing one hat in a month but I doubt I ever will. In Scouting, Uhmmm. Pipedreams.

Matua

I never made it to Boy Scouts. I kept joining Cub Scouts (twice) thinking I would be camping, fishing, and swimming in a few days - only to find myself building bird houses from popsickle sticks. I lost interest eventually. I did make it to Lion. Isn't that the Webelo equivelent?

As an adult - 2 years Cub Leader, 2 years Assistant Webelos Leader, 2 years Webelos Leader, 2 years Assistant Cubmaster, 2 years Cubmaster, 8 years ASM. Had the most fun doing the Cubmaster bit. Worked the hardest as a Webelos Leader.(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Eagle Scout rank in Scouting..

Former Chaplain Aide, ASPL, SPL, JASM, and Troop Guide.

Also, Chapter VC for Elections and Promotions, VC for Ceremonies, Chapter Chief, cermonialist, Lodge event chairman and adviser (as adult)..

Currently Assistant Scoutmaster (and unofficial ceremony adviser)

I also serve as an ecology instructor and Director at council summer camp. May be selected program director in near future..

AOL, Eagle Scout, OA Vigil as Youth

Was: Assistant Scoutmaster

Now: Troop Committee member, Assistant District Commisioner, Associate OA Lodge Advisor. Plus I sit on District Eagle Project review board, and sometimes Eagle BOR.

When I was a boy, we crossed at the Pack meeting during the month of our 11th BD. My BD is in Feb., so I crossed 1 week before our Klondike campout. I had no skills and no equipment to camp in the winter in Ohio, but nothing was going to stop me from going. It was 8 below zero the first night, and 12 below the next. I came home with frostbite on my toes. Almost had to have them amputated. My mom would not let me go back to Scouts again. Said if the SM didn't have enough sense to bring us home in that kind of weather, I couldn't go. So I never even made Scout. My youth Scouting career lasted 11 days.

I have been a Den Leader, Webelos Den Leader, Cubmaster, and the Advancement Chair for both the Pack and the Troop. Never made a dime on Scouting, but my pay is better in this great program than anywhere else I've ever worked.

And before my sons camped during the winter, they had both the skills and the equipment to do it properly.

Mark