Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

I learned SO much over the years from this forum. I doubt if I would have continued using it after the first time if it was as difficult as it is now. I check in every so often to see if it has improved. I hope it can be resolved to make it easier to use, especially for all of the new scouters.

I still cannot believe we cannot even get a comment from Terry about the forum sitiuation after almost THREE MONTHS of this crap. What was once an outstanding forum has become a joke. I miss the give and take between some very knowledgeable scouters wh, while never meeting, have become internet friends. It's time to get a response from the forum owners already!

All I can tell you Is I emailed Terry a few days ago.

He replied with: " I've engaged a new vendor, and hope this is finally resolved this week."

I trust Terry to get the issue resolved.

Eagle90 The give and take still continues.

I can't be the only one... Something is seriously wrong in Scouter.com land. The forums aren't showing consecutive threads. New posts aren't showing up. It's extremely difficult to follow the conversation threads because of the way the posts are (or are not) being displayed. Forum software is slow, slow, slow. Yeah, I know, most everybody already knows this. Whatever we're trying to do with the forum software, well, it ain't working. In the spirit of offering a suggestion instead of just griping about it, is there a default setup that we could use? It would be nice if the forum here worked in a reasonably similar manner to the other 10 billion forums out there on the internet...

I don't mean to sound as bad as this is gonna come out, but Scouter.com could be a fantastic resource for Scouters... it's just way too complex, hard to use, or has growing pains. Coupled with the registration problems that have existed forever (which may have been solved - donno, it took me over two years to register), it's just not working. I wonder how many people just throw up their hands and go elsewhere?

This is really making me crazy. I see posts on the forum page from yesterday, but when I go to the page, the last discussion was in February.
Kahuna: You can (somewhat reliably) get to these using the "Latest Posts" button at the top left of the page. There are definitely some serious issues in this version of the vBulletin software. I can't understand how a vendor can release a paid piece of software like this that doesn't properly paginate posts.
This is really making me crazy. I see posts on the forum page from yesterday, but when I go to the page, the last discussion was in February.
There is also an option under the 'Filter' pull-down for 'today' that will give everything that's been posted in that thread for the last 24 hours. I sympathize with some of the comments. Some of the features don't seem to work well...or not at all. But I also understand that in my case, at least, I'm still kind of 'low' on the learning curve. So as I learn more navigation skills, and as Terry seems to be working out some of the bugs, albeit slowly, the site has improved noticeably.
It's Monday... Just checking in to see if anything has changed.... Nope.

See you next Monday.

Stosh

I emailed Terry again for another update. Haven't heard back from him yet. I'll post here if and when I hear from him.

Yours in Scouting,

Sentinel947

Latest posts, paginations....

First, sign in.

Bring up a thread. Click on "filter". Click on "Today". DO NOT click outside the box and therefore close that window. Note that a new page comes up, reflecting whatever has appeared in the past 24 hours (or so). Click on "all time" and make sure other choices remain "all" and "all". Hit ENTER.

You should see the page numbers reflect "1" and the total recorded. Erase the "1", enter the number of the page you want to start on (10, 12, whatever), and hit "enter" . Presto! All the pages are available, by entering the number.

Oh, the achey finger, all that pushing and poking...