Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

9260 topics in this forum

1. Websites at Scouter.com

• 4 replies
    • 13 replies
  2. Pinewood derby??

• 3 replies
  3. Negatives of Boy Run 1 2

• 18 replies
    • 7 replies
  4. Illini Jamboree 2003

• 3 replies
  5. Den ceremonies

• 5 replies
    • 8 replies
  6. Flag Retirement

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. Vigil Honor

• 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• So, with the text that did not make it, the full post is:   "The Russians themselves never believed their country had an effective civil defense program against nuclear attack. I asked dozens of Soviet friends, and none of them said they had ever been drilled on either going to a shelter or evacuating the city. One Russian I knew well suggested this procedure: "After the nuclear attack warning sounds, wrap yourself in a sheet and walk slowly to the nearest cemetery. Why slowly? So was not to panic the others."   The Decline and Fall of Soviet Empire: Forty Years That Shook The World ... By Fred Coleman, p. 145.   Now that the LC's are apparently "all in," time to look for a sheet. And yet not a peep in my Council about the effect of National's bankruptcy.  
    • Yep.  BSA is highly motivated.  BSA's good in bankruptcy is moving on ASAP.  
    • The Decline and Fall of Soviet Empire: Forty Years That Shook The World ... By Fred Coleman, p. 145.   Now that the LC's are apparently "all in," time to look for a sheet. And yet not a peep in my Council about the effect of National's bankruptcy.
    • It is also, I truly believe, true that BSA will eventually exsanguinate and bleed out all its cash, resulting in a Chapter 7 by default if this doesn't end some point soon. BSA wants out, ASAP. If later down the road the insurance companies, the COs, the US Trustee, and others are right and this gets overturned on appeal, BSA still has its bankruptcy discharge and will be out from under whatever happens at that point.
    • Great summary statement.  So fundamental.   I swear this smells very much like a person I knew from years ago.  His profit was tied to delays and difficulty.  A certain percent of companies gave up chasing small amounts they had a right to just because of delays or cost chasing the funds.  It was tens of thousands at a time.  It was unethical to me, but it was just business to him.   It smells like this case.  Way too many open questions, but rushing to a settlement that might not be legal.  It feels like people want to get funds distributed even though it might later be found not legal or conveying protection.  BUT then try to get those funds back to pay the correct rightful order of debtors.  It feels like it would quickly be too late to pull funds back as the funds would be covering costs to execute the legal case.    It smells like a quick push to accept a settlement because there are long questions whether it's legal that could take a much longer time.  People want to pull some funds out.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)