Hello from Westminster

Hi everyone, just joined this forum.  I was involved with Cub Scouts way back in the day and with Boy Scouts as well, haven't been involved since 2000 but recently decided I wanted to get involved again as a volunteer.  I signed up with a local troop in December and am currently waiting for my application to be approved and am looking forward to helping out with said troop and giving back to a program that I had a lot of fun with back in the day.  I realize now is a weird time to sign up what with the pandemic, but I'm looking forward to being active once things clear up and start getting back to normal!

• Upvote 1

Greetings from Mission Viejo, my new and fellow OC Council friend! Thank you for getting involved with Scouting in our community; we definitely need all the volunteers we can get! We are especially lucky to be part of a strong council with good leadership and a excellent community reputation. Do you have kids in the program too, or are you involved purely from the desire to make your community a better place? 😀

Believe me when I say, this forum is one of the best places to go when you have questions or need guidance about ANYTHING related to Scouting. You are almost always going to get a few solid opinions that will help you steer your course and make your program the best it can be, so check on here often and don't be afraid to comment on whatever tickles your fancy. And since you are in my same council, you can count on me to be here with any questions you might have specific to our area, council, programs, leadership, or properties. Glad to have you on board, and be sure to look for me at the next council event once we finally start operating live activities again!

1 hour ago, The Latin Scot said:

Greetings from Mission Viejo, my new and fellow OC Council friend! Thank you for getting involved with Scouting in our community; we definitely need all the volunteers we can get! We are especially lucky to be part of a strong council with good leadership and a excellent community reputation. Do you have kids in the program too, or are you involved purely from the desire to make your community a better place? 😀

Believe me when I say, this forum is one of the best places to go when you have questions or need guidance about ANYTHING related to Scouting. You are almost always going to get a few solid opinions that will help you steer your course and make your program the best it can be, so check on here often and don't be afraid to comment on whatever tickles your fancy. And since you are in my same council, you can count on me to be here with any questions you might have specific to our area, council, programs, leadership, or properties. Glad to have you on board, and be sure to look for me at the next council event once we finally start operating live activities again!

Thank you for the warm welcome...I don't have kids in the program, volunteered in the desire to make my community a better place and give back.  I definitely look forward to when live events and meetings can happen again and in the meantime I'll be pretty active on this forum!

On 2/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, The Latin Scot said:

That's great! I am the same way; no family of my own yet, so I love having a meaningful place where I can volunteer and make a difference in the lives of young people. Another welcome aboard to you my friend!

Thanks again for the warm welcome...the troop I volunteered in had its first in person meeting last night so I was able to meet everyone involved with the troop who were all very welcoming.  I'm looking forward to being more involved going forward and am hoping this current drop in cases continues to go down as more people get vaccinated; I could tell the scouts were excited to be back to in person meetings and I think for kids especially, it's important to have that interaction in person.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TAHAWK said:

Were you a "Lion"?    I recall the band  British  Grenadier uniforms.  Very sharp!  Aftr their amazing performance, our band marched on the field to:

I love it when the band does a unique "entrance"  . I always thanked the football team for warming up the crowd for the band's halftime show.  Nice they have a purpose.  Now let's reference the original, in Zulu . 

(331) Miriam Makeba - Mbube (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) 'Vinyl' - YouTube 

On 2/24/2021 at 5:46 AM, Protoclete said:

Er... what? I was just about to say welcome to the Transatlantic Council!

Either way, California or England, welcome to the forum!

Haha ... well, I confess @otakuforlife, I did have to look up your profile page just to be sure. 😄 But my guess was correct, and naturally I am always eager to see my home council represented here on the forums, even if it isn't quite as illustrious as that venerated olde borough of Londontown. 😉