Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JasonG172

Survey

Recommended Posts

BSA seems to be going all in on the surveys...wonder if they are learning anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JasonG172 said:

Has anyone else received the National OA Survey ? 

I have not received it, at least not yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet, unless it came out today, in which case I will not see it until I get home late this evening.  (I cannot access home e-mail account on a work computer)

Any hints as to what they are asking about??  We have been anticipating something in the way of tightening up on AIA.

I am in Tipisa Lodge, Central Florida Council, by the way, and celebrated the 50th anniversary of my Ordeal ceremony while at summer camp this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son got a youth survey to do, though he hasn't done it yet.

I haven't received anything myself (targeted to adults).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chisos said:

My son got a youth survey to do, though he hasn't done it yet.

I haven't received anything myself (targeted to adults).

Correct, its for youth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

BSA seems to be going all in on the surveys...wonder if they are learning anything

The questions I have are A) will they actually publish the results and B) Will they actually read the responses and act accordingly.

94% was against instapalms, and yet here they are. And an internal membership polls result still have not been released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

The questions I have are A) will they actually publish the results and B) Will they actually read the responses and act accordingly.

94% was against instapalms, and yet here they are. And an internal membership polls result still have not been released.

Pretty sure we know the answers.  Surveys are taken to justify and support decisions already made

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

Pretty sure we know the answers.  Surveys are taken to justify and support decisions already made

Sadly true 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, MikeS72 said:

 

I am in Tipisa Lodge, Central Florida Council, by the way, and celebrated the 50th anniversary of my Ordeal ceremony while at summer camp this year.

Good to have an older brother on the forum!  I celebrated my 45th anniversary last weekend.   I expected to be at our fall ordeal, but it was moved to a later date. (See the 6 month thread)  I hope to live long enough to get to the 50 year mark too, but at this point, I'm not certain that the Order will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I did browse through the survey, as my son received the invitation.  A lot of it is rating experience with call out, feelings about call out, feelings about Ordeal experience, etc.  There was one question along the lines of "do you feel the BSA is headed in the right direction", with the response choices of agree or disagree, but there were sadly no follow ups on that thread.  Seemed very oddly out of place to me that it didn't have any true direct follow up questions getting to why scouts felt one way or the other.  There were some indirectly related questions later in the survey, on the level of participation for the respondent (such as I attend meetings frequently, infrequently, etc.).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×