Hello im new and this could be in wrong place so forgive me in advance.

But our pack is looking into class-b shirts but seems like all the official class b websites are a bit expensive, any suggestions or referrals for other options?

thanks in advance!

Years ago, I did t-shirt transfers for my den. I bought the color t-shirts at A.C.Moore.  I used the Hanes t-shirt design software and printed out the iron-on transfer shirts.

For the Pack and Troop, i.e. large volume, I just used a local sport clothes supply shop. I did not have any BSA trademarks in the design, just  Pack 25 or Troop 54, town name or CO name,  outdoor artwork.

Welcome @Pack1_Axel!  As RS says, you could do it yourself for cheap.  I know my local council's Program Director has a partner he works with directly and can usually get t-shirts printed up for about $10/each.  You might just ask you Unit Commissioner or your District Executive if your local council has a partner.  

For ClassB.com, their prices go down the more shirts you buy.  Plus, they do not charge for artwork or a setup fee.

But it's best to shop around.  As long as you aren't using anything that's trademarked by the BSA, then you can get your shirts from pretty much anywhere you want.

1 hour ago, Pack1_Axel said:

Hello im new and this could be in wrong place so forgive me in advance.

But our pack is looking into class-b shirts but seems like all the official class b websites are a bit expensive, any suggestions or referrals for other options?

thanks in advance!

I think their prices are rather fair, actually. For good-quality screen-printed shirts, especially, and free shipping. 

I've done custom-designed shirts for my wife's school and was able to get them for around $8 each with 3 different ink colors, but there was also a setup charge for each ink screen, and shipping charges. That was for 75 shirts. ClassB does the same quantity for around $10 per shirt. No setup or shipping. Really it ends up costing about the same. 

If you can find shirts for much less than that with more than at least 2 ink colors screen-printed, I suspect the quality really isn't all that good. 

ClassB is easy and decently priced.  We use them.  Super easy to design and print with them.   Not quite as cheap as a local printer.  We use the tech shirt material because the boys like them and they are very comfortable and look nice.

Technically, any BSA trademarked imaging can only be reproduced by licensed partners like ClassB.  I doubt any local printer would care but that is the legal limitation.  Some printers may balk at printing them.

I don't know how many t-shirts you are planning to order, but for around 30 t-shirts (regular short sleeve, cotton, only 1 ink color), you can get them for around $10-$11 each from ClassB.  That's a fair price, especially when they don't charge for artwork, a setup fee, and free shipping for orders over $50.  Of course, their prices depend on the total number of shirts that you order, so more shirts = cheaper price per shirt.

17 hours ago, mashmaster said:

Technically, any BSA trademarked imaging can only be reproduced by licensed partners like ClassB.  I doubt any local printer would care but that is the legal limitation.  Some printers may balk at printing them.

Yep - and the generic fleur de lis is BSA trademarked (has to do with the specific shape, i.e. the New Orleans Saints FDL is a different shape) so any design that uses it will have to be approved by BSA licensing.  It is not a big deal and a licensed shop will take care of it for you.

mashmaster is right that local shops probably wont worry about licensing, but "A Scout is trustworthy and obedient" so we should worry about it.

I would throw out a recommendation for Advantage Emblem in Duluth MN.  Ive used them for years and had nothing but outstanding service and quality.  Bonus - they are a full-line operation.  In addition to shirts they do embroidery on hats and patches and vinyl stickers and parade banners.   I find their prices and minimum quantities very reasonable.

We had a couple scouts do a custom silk screen for our shirts and we had two color micro-fiber shirts a lot cheaper than the competition. They got older and started charging too much but I always thought that screen printing T-shirts would be a good Troop activity. Need adults to deal with the chemicals though. 

Here in Chickasaw there is a branding co that we have aligned ourselves with which makes these shirts for $5 each.  Now they are ALL identical with the Oath and law on them and you choose the color but they place the Pack or Troop number on them.  This has helped a lot.