I notice that there is a fair degree of familiarity on the forum. I'm sure a lot of it is through the forum, but I'm curious who of this group you've met in person?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, 1-2 people I've met.

Realize that this group is nation-wide, so unless we get lucky and bump into someone at larger events (OA Section events, Jamboree, NOAC) oftentimes people aren't even from the same council.

EDITED: "No one of consequence."

"I must know."

"Get use to disappointment."

"Okay.'

(sorry couldn't resist ;) )

Original Response:

2 folks in my council.(This message has been edited by eagle92)

I met one reader from a neighboring area last summer. I have yet to meet anybody I've split hairs with on a thread, but am looking forward to the day I do. :)

I know two, who also know me..

I wouldn't be surprised if others in my neighborhood know who I am, by what I write, but have yet to say so..

Nope it is all through spending time on here, debating, argueing and in rare cases even agreeing.

There was one poster that I could identify by his name/posts, but I only knew him as a general guy in the district. We never discussed the forum and he wouldn't have known I was "Oak Tree".

I did just have a great opportunity to sit down and have dinner with one other member of the forum. It was fun to talk about all of you :-) I really enjoyed the lengthy discussion - of course, it probably helped that he had entirely correct and proper opinions about the Scout program (which is to say, they were the same as mine). Actually, I felt like I could learn quite a bit from him and I hope we can continue to talk in person.

Engineer61, I'm sure the Cosby skit was in my subconscious. For the record, I haven't met anyone here to the best of my knowledge. But let me know if you're ever in Denver.