What merit badges do you counsel?

I always enjoy those threads in which we get to learn a little bit about each other, like occupations, favorite authors, etc. Those threads always make our community here on Scouter.com a bit more three-dimensional to me. So, let's find out:

What merit badges do you counsel?

I'll start - I am counselor for Archeology, Environmental Science, Indian Lore, Scholarship, Reading, Public Speaking, Music, Bugling, and Collections. Oh, and Hiking and Camping.

:)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even remember what all I'm signed up for. The only one I've actually been doing is Railroading. I'm a big fan of trains. :)

I think I'm also signed up to do anything that has to do with computer technology (my entire career has been in the software industry), communications, and reading. I know I have Personal Management on my list. But there are others in our troop who do those, and I'm the only one who does Railroading, so there we go!

I always say my favorite author is Tolkien, but honestly I have a lot of favorite authors. I am a Literature major, after all! I'll read almost anything, from Chaucer to Douglas Adams. I don't have a favorite band. I like music in general, but there's only so much time in a day I'd rather read than listen.

-Liz

citizenship in the community

citizenship in the world

communication

American cultures

scholarship

I'm thinking I may drop communications in favor of another (maybe American heritage). There are lots of counselors out there for the various Eagle-required badges, and as our council limits us to a maximum of 5 badges, it can be more challenging to find a counselor for some of the less commonly earned badges. On the other hand, I've been a counselor for the American cultures badge for several years, I am the only person in our council registered for that badge, and not one boy has ever contacted me about it.

Anybody else counsel the American heritage badge? Is there much demand for it?