Anyone notice SCOUTER.com speed improvements?

• Administrators

The core components of SCOUTER.com went live all the way back in 1995... nearly twelve years of service! (That dates pretty much to the dark ages of the Internet :-)).

I don't spend nearly enough time maintaining the site these days (and I'm very grateful to the volunteers who help)... but did manage a couple of tweaks over the past few days that SEEMS to have significantly improved the speed of the site. Anyone noticing a difference in speed and reduction in "time outs"?

TERRY HOWERTON

On my ME machine...

All of a sudden, I get a Windows warning box to the words of "Do you want to execute scripts?"

This is the only site where that happens.

On son's Mac, using Firefox...

I get the header quickly, but it takes 45 seconds (I timed it) for the topic list or a thread itself to populate.

I guess I've been lucky to have pretty good speed through it all. Probably limited only by whatever computer I'm using at the time. So I've always been pleased with the site. Thanks, Terry, for all you do to keep it afloat.

For some bizarre reason, I am envisioning a pythonesque scene of the clouds parting and Scouter Terry decending, godlike, to fiddle inside a tall, blinking lights-type server, and him finally hauling off and kicking it. It starts humming and he ascends back to the skies.

;)

Thanks, Terry!

Much faster! Thanks!

Thanks also for all you and your cadre of dedicated helpers do, too. This is probably the best site I've found for all sorts of scouting info (and gossip and hearsay and opinion, too)! and relatively flameless...wow...

Vicki