Cub Girl Uniform

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"blue and gold" are the colors of the Cub Scouts.  The "Pack" and the "wolf" are at the center of the "Cub Scouts".  Changing Wolves to red is foolish.  Make the lions red.  

Or maybe a Scout is thrifty and we go back to everyone, except the Webelos, wearing a yellow neckerchief and hat?... Just sayin'...

I think one fear traditionalists have is National will treat lasses differently than the lads. Take heart! This is proof that National Supply can provide ugly and poorly functional items for ALL scout

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Hawkwin said:

How do I down vote your link and not your post!!!!

Very considerate, btw thanks to @ZScout5 for the advanced notice. Have at it, happy face or sad face,  I won't take it personal only business.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/bsa/items/skort-cs-6-12.html#.Wk-Hd3VMHqA

641431?$product225x225$

Edited by RememberSchiff

I think one fear traditionalists have is National will treat lasses differently than the lads. Take heart! This is proof that National Supply can provide ugly and poorly functional items for ALL scouts.  But after spending a lot of time around the same school-age girls around here at least they are not spandex bike shorts with a pink "Scouts" across the backside. Skorts seem to have some modesty to them. I pray that National will have the fortitude in 2019 to forsake scout yoga pants with "You Go Girl" on the posterior. GSUSA would fume about that!:p

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

BSA use to sell skorts for female Scouters. They were not popular at all, and hated counting them when doing end of year inventories. So glad when they got rid of them.

Only lady I saw who wanted a skirt or dress was my wife. And that was only because she HATES the tan and green uniform, and didn't like the old Yellow and Blue one. When she saw the 1950s/60 Den Mother's dress, she fell in love.

Otherwise she wants her Venturing green and grey.

I really, really hope they don't do this for the Boy-Scout-age program.  There is no need for it.  The green pants will look just as ugly on the girls as they already do on the rest of us.

But there is more than a fashion aspect to this.  My main concern about "coed" especially at the 11-17 age level has always been the "distraction" issue.  I have seen what happens when there is a girl in the room at a troop meeting, usually an older sister of one of the Scouts.  Half the boys turn into blithering idiots and you start to hear the famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"  And that is when the girl is wearing long pants.  We really don't need to run an experiment on what happens when the girls are wearing a skirt (or even a skort.)

35 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Only lady I saw who wanted a skirt or dress was my wife. And that was only because she HATES the tan and green uniform, and didn't like the old Yellow and Blue one. When she saw the 1950s/60 Den Mother's dress, she fell in love.

My mom rocked that Den Mother's dress back in '72. Very formal looking.