• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to was at PTC wk6 and this was announced. I have no problem with it.There will still be a small difference as the Cubs will still use the 2 finger sign.

Do we as Americans all say the same Pledge of Allegience to the Flag no matter what age we are?

Why would members of the same organization(BSA)not have All pledge the same oath.

my .02

Week 6 PTC was Commissioner Conference week,what better way to spread the word,send it back with the Commish Staff as part of our job is to "bring info to the units".

Rolling the message out through PTC and the commissioner service would have been an extremely effective method 10 years ago.

But when we consider how we get information in our daily lives, doesn't the idea of passing it on word-of-mouth at monthly meetings that can be poorly attended seem a bit ... quaint? Not to mention, considering all we hear about huge holes in the commissioner ranks and the fact that only a tiny fraction of commissioners attend PTC, could it not be a bit ineffective?

Putting out a blurb and link on Facebook, Twitter, via email, on the Scouting.org page ... all those are excellent ways to get the word out and provide extensive background information to answer all those nagging questions.

Shortridge, in this day and age most of the Commish corps use numerous ways of passing on new info,in person,phone and we also use the digital distribution road -FB, newsletters etc.yes we have Commish "gaps" so the DC and ADC need to step in and pass the info instead. We have Wifi in the tents at PTC- I was passing my "new learned" info on within several hrs.

I know I personally don't wait till there is a "meeting" if the info needs to be out ASAP-there is some things that can and do wait till the meeting.

Re-read what i said before that last paragraph That was the IMPORTANT msg/subject.

We are all Americans and say 1 Pledge, We are all members of Boy Scouts Of america, we say 1 Oath .

As an added bonus pretty much every handbook will be obsolete so there will be a big market for buying new books and a small market6 for recycling old books.

Someday it would be interesting to know the extent to which churning the program is driven by an interest in selling new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...