Jump to content
RememberSchiff

Buzzfeed - CSE Surbaugh - Girls - Scouter.com

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

...and now the word is single gender dens within coed troops. 

Do you mean single gender dens within coed packs, or single gender patrols within coed troops?  Or both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Do you mean single gender dens within coed packs, or single gender patrols within coed troops?  Or both?

It's gonna be a free for all.   Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave!.... dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

 

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Do you mean single gender dens within coed packs, or single gender patrols within coed troops?  Or both?

I think he meant Single gender patrols in coed Troops, which is what I was hearing rumblings of prior to the Buzz-Feed article... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gwaihir said:

I think he meant Single gender patrols in coed Troops, which is what I was hearing rumblings of prior to the Buzz-Feed article... 

That's what I think he meant too, but I just wanted to make sure.  @Eagle94-A1?

After all, if we are going to get upset over rumors, we should at least make sure we understand the rumors correctly.  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all the news stories I have been reading about girls joining boy scouts the one quote that I keep seeing over and over again from scouters that sums it all up and sticks with me is:

"It doesn't matter what boys think, it only matters what girls want."

That should be the new scout motto. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

It's gonna be a free for all.   Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave!.... dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

 

I think you left out "human sacrifice!"  I have seen that movie more times than I care to admit.

More directly to the point, I think that does pretty much sum up the attitude that some people have been taking towards all of this.  Which, of course, people are free to do.  People are also free to take more of a wait-and-see attitude, which is what I choose to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJCubScouter said:

I think you left out "human sacrifice!"  

We try to keep the human sacrifice on the DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

We try to keep the human sacrifice on the DL

I understand that, it was just that that was the only line you left out.  :)

Also notable is the next line after all of that:  "All right, all right! I get the point!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cocomax said:

In all the news stories I have been reading about girls joining boy scouts the one quote that I keep seeing over and over again from scouters that sums it all up and sticks with me is:

"It doesn't matter what boys think, it only matters what girls want."

That should be the new scout motto. 

Isn't that way it is everywhere? :ph34r:

[Hiding from Mrs. Col. Flagg]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Col. Flagg said:

Isn't that way it is everywhere? :ph34r:

[Hiding from Mrs. Col. Flagg]

Why yes it is!   Just ask Mrs Col. Flagg. . .

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cocomax said:

"It doesn't matter what boys think, it only matters what girls want."

Wow, who was it that actually said that? Was that somewhere in this email?

Edited by Hawkwin
minor typo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cocomax said:

In all the news stories I have been reading about girls joining boy scouts the one quote that I keep seeing over and over again from scouters that sums it all up and sticks with me is:

"It doesn't matter what boys think, it only matters what girls want."

That should be the new scout motto. 

 

Who is the source of that quote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hope we had  "news source" that tells us what happened - not what someone SAID happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is the source of any of these quotes and ideas?  None if it is coming from National.  National says there will be single gender Troops - they specifically said there would be no mixed gender Troops.  24 hours later, there's "reporting" all over the place that the BSA is going to have mixed gender troops, and maybe even mixed gender patrols.  Where did that come from?  Scouters speculating like wild because they can't seem to take what National has said at face value and they say they can't take what National says at face value because they don't trust them.

Trust is a two-way street - A Scout (and a Scouter) is Trustworthy.  As you continue to repeat these rumors, as you continue to state that you don't trust National, ask yourself just how Trustworthy you are.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×