Calico, at first I didn't realize that they were a non GSUSA troop that has co-opting the brand. Part of my concern in what they were doing would be no different than if a KKK chapter charted a Cub Scout pack and altered the program to push white supremacy upon 6 to 10 year old children. I would think the BSA would have concerns. But you are right, this is a group that has founded a new program that obviously their parents approve of. Sadly, instead of learning about leadership, character, etc. they are being taught that white policemen are killing black people for no reason. I don't see how they are a benefit to the community........but I know there are those who think little of the BSA these days too.

Again assuming that this is not one of those things someone made up on their computer, I have a suspicion that the GSUSA is not aware of this use of (what I am presuming is) one of their trademarks, or at least they weren't until the recent publicity over this. (Though I was unaware of it myself until I read this thread. However, I googled it and there seems to have been some attention to it over the past couple of weeks.) I would imagine (without actually knowing for certain) that the GSUSA is just as aggressive as the BSA when it comes to this sort of thing, otherwise you end up with a lot of confusion, not to mention you can lose the right to exclusive use of your trademarks.

I'm not sure I'm buying this. I mean' date=' the article is there... but there are a lot of pages on the Internet, and they aren't all true.[/quote']

Lots of wierd stuff on the Internet.

In a quick search, here's who thinks the Radical Brownies exist:

CBS

Washington Times

PBS

Manchester Guardian

Fox

ABC

So it may be true.

Lots of wierd stuff on the Internet.

In a quick search, here's who thinks the Radical Brownies exist:

CBS

Washington Times

PBS

Manchester Guardian

Fox

ABC

So it may be true.

The group has a facebook page with info and pictures. I'd say they are the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Girl Scouts asked the Radical Brownies to change their name, and so they are going to:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/24/oakland-radical-brownies-troop-change-name-girl-scouts/

In a note posted on the Radical Brownies Facebook page, the troop said they were contacted by the Girl Scouts last week. While they congratulated them on the new group, the scouts also said using the name word “Brownie†was causing confusion.

The Radical Brownies’ note went onto say the group plans to reveal a new name sometime after March 7th and looks to establish more troops.