Job opening at National

44 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Nine years in this forum and you're just figuring that out now?  :D

Thinking back on it, there was a discussion on the merits, or lack thereof, of Dutch Oven cooking, that got pretty off the rails.  So I take it back, not the weirdest.:)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some joke about SMART goals goes here, but my eyes glazed over from the boilerplate description. I could honestly not figure out what this job was and how it has anything to do with boy scouts. O

To anyone interested in the position, Having worked at both a council and for national supply, I am going to quote what a longtime volunteer and mentor told me when I asked for his recommendation

Is this for real?  It almost seems like a parody of a corporate job description.  And to follow up on one of Eagle94-A1's points, not only is Scouting experience not required, Scouting is not even men

On 2/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, walk in the woods said:

A technology the vendor effectively abandon what, three years ago?

No, it is alive and well. The branding changed, the delivery model changed, pricing structure changed. But other than versioning upgrades. the products are the same and growing. 

Though I admit it is a strange app suite given the job, most of the tools are professional level design tools, overkill for those not in that industry. 

• Upvote 1

On May 6, 2013 Adobe announced that CS6 would be the last version of the Creative Suite,[2][3][4] and that future versions of their creative software would only be available via their Adobe Creative Cloud subscription model. Adobe also announced that it would continue to support CS6 and would provide bug fixes and security updates through the next major upgrades of both Mac and Windows operating systems (as of 2013).[5] The Creative Suite packages were pulled from Adobe's online store in 2013,[6] but were still available on their website until January 2017.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Creative_Suite

https://www.dpreview.com/news/3633651596/adobe-cs6-has-been-officially-retired

But who knows maybe Adobe changed their mind or renamed new product after old. Who cares?

Edited by RememberSchiff
6 hours ago, walk in the woods said:

But they are only updating cloud (and it's different than suite), the CC files are a different format than suite, and the save down option from cloud to suite has been hit and miss in my shop.

The only difference with Creative Cloud (vs Creative Suite) is that you install the apps from the cloud rather than via CD or DVD.

There is no way to use them without installing them to your desktop. I have been using Adobe Tools since Photoshop 1.0 and Illustrator 88 (and Aldus Freehand). The formats are still the same (.psd, .ai, .esp) with a few new formats since then. 

I have not used them professionally in years, but I still maintain a license to freelance on the rare occasion and dabble a bit for fun. Functionally, they are basically the same tools they have always been, but with more bells and whistles (and more crossover). 

Edited by HelpfulTracks