My son has completed a MB back in November, but his MBC has been largely unresponsive to repeated requests to meet to complete the Blue Card.

The post below sparked my concern that he has not only waited two weeks to receive credit, he has waited over a month to even document credit.

Should I recommend that he seek out another MBC for this, assuming there is another one? Should he instead speak to another adult authority regarding his difficulty in getting a response?

I don't want to get directly involved but I think he needs some advice on how to handle this instead of the weekly emails I keep telling him to send. I did not find a good answer for this in the GTA.

Edit: fixed typo in title.

Edited by Hawkwin

Give your son a few options, and ask what he would like to do.

He should talk to his SM about the matter, and see what he recommends.

He could just keep calling and e-mailing the MBC, even if it takes a few calls a day to get him to respond. 

He could ask his SM for the information of an alternative MBC, to whom he could then explain his situation and request the requirements be signed off anew.

He could (if you have the address and the means) even drop by the home of the MBC to request some help expediting the process.

Talk to your son, and see how he wants to proceed. Waiting as long as your MBC has is pretty inconsiderate, but extenuating circumstances may be in play that nobody knows about. In any case, persistence is the most important thing to suggest.

Edited by The Latin Scot
  • Upvote 1

Thanks all. We don't have a home phone and I didn't want him calling from my phone (the MBC already made a comment to my son early on about the MBC's incorrect assumption that I contacted the MBC instead of my son to start the process - must have thought my son's email was my email) but perhaps he can call from my wife's phone. If that does not work, I think the leading question about the blue card/scoutmaster would be a good way to help him find his own solution.

I’m sorry but, I would forget him. I would explain your situation to another MBC and have the SM back him up and the MBC can do a brief session recapping everything to ensure completion. If he filled out the workbook, that would probably help a little as well.

I have had this happened to me & others I know. We explained our situation to another MBC.

The MBC might be having health issues, personal issues, family issues, who knows.

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, ItsBrian said:

I’m sorry but, I would forget him. I would explain your situation to another MBC and have the SM back him up and the MBC can do a brief session recapping everything to ensure completion. If he filled out the workbook, that would probably help a little as well.

I have had this happened to me & others I know. We explained our situation to another MBC.

The MBC might be having health issues, personal issues, family issues, who knows.

I think this would be my approach as well!