Sign in to follow this  
BeastlyGaming

What we do to raise some money

Our troop (duh!) sells popcorn, but we also sometimes sell Trash Bags... :p silly I know, but it can be popular especially with relatives. But you might end up making money off your parents... xD

Our troop (duh!) sells popcorn, but we also sometimes sell Trash Bags... :p silly I know, but it can be popular especially with relatives. But you might end up making money off your parents... xD

We still don't have a winner on the goat raffle.  :)

I dunno @stosh. I trash bag in hand cleans more than a goat in a raffle. :p

When I was a youth (60s-70s) I remember selling light bulbs...4-pack for a buck.  Our Explorer Post set up a Christmas tree lot every December...we had a blast every evening with a fire barrel and hot chocolate.  I imagine it was a lot of work for the leaders, though.  More recently, my troop sold Christmas wreaths (mail order) with good success.  Lots of repeat customers and my relatives in PA loved them.

I dunno @stosh. I trash bag in hand cleans more than a goat in a raffle. :p

I don't think so.  :)  the secret to a goat raffle is (drum roll!) When you buy a ticket for the raffle, don't put YOUR name on the stub that is drawn.  There's gotta be someone else out there that would totally appreciate getting a goat.  We did this in a small town, at the big fireman's day event we raffled it off and the "winner", if they didn't want the goat paid $25 to us to raffle it off again.  The mayor won a half dozen times, the police chief a few times, clergy got it and finally there was a scream of joy from the back, two little girls won the goat!  Needless to say we raised about $15,000 for the ambulance service in town.