Pack 79 Policy of Acceptance

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there just a chance that you were in a different 'frame of mind' back then? ;)

Some things you just don't want to examine too closely...or else just let them whimper into oblivion along with other selected memories. :)

I attended a Moody Blues concert last year. It was a mistake. I blame myself.

Yep, crutches, false teeth, backup for sudden memory lapses, and all. You can see their tour schedule here: http://www.moodybluestoday.com/

But take my advice - just get out some of that old vinyl and drop a needle on it instead.

When we get old, there's a time when we, each of us, need to recognize it's time to quit. Sadly, most of us continue to define ourselves through our self-deceptions. H'mmm...thinking....I might be wrong - that last part about self-deceptions might be a good thing for old people - at least it might help set harsh realities aside.

It's kind of hard on the youngsters around us though. Picture grandma at the beach in a thong. Or even someone like Mazzucca, he's not even that old yet. Shivers up my spine for sure.

"I woke today, I was crying

Lost in a lost world

So many people are dying

Lost in a lost world

Some of them are living an illusion

Bounded by the darkness of their minds.

In their eyes it's nation, against nation, against nation

With racial pride

Sounds...

Thinking only of themselves

They shun the light

(shun the light)

They think they're right

(think they're right)

Living in their empty shells."

Now that's a more apppropriate Moody Blues lyric to fit this issue. Personally, what two consenting adults do in the privacy of thier own home is thier own buisness. When they bring it out of thier home and try to tell me that I have to accept it is another.

We are truely living in a "Lost World" were right is wrong, up is down, and if you don't agree then your a racist. What ever happened to agreeing to disagree? Why must a private organization like the Boy Scouts have to change to meet the demands of a small vocal group?

My 2 cents.

BSA isn't being "forced" to do anything. Forced is a court order to comply. They won that battle. Just because membership rebels against a policy doesn't mean they are being forced. The options are pretty clear - kick people out or don't. BSA can state "this is policy" until their face turns blue but until they force it it remains rhetoric.

As for your it's-not-wrong-but-it's-wrong bit, don't know what to tell you. You have a right to free association and to speak your mind. You don't have a right to have popular opinion or be free of ridicule for your actions or ideas.

>

Oh, my. The idea that the homosexual issue involves what people do in private is a quaint notion from decades in the past.

That was an argument to justify the politics of the past.

TODAY we are dealing with the ability of homosexuals to squash any and all opposition to any form of their sexual expression. Anyone who has the temerity of suggesting that any aspect of the homosexual agenda is wrong is subject to ridicule, attack, boycott or whatever.

The very idea of DIVERSITY on this issue is a bad joke.

We are getting to the point where thought control on these issues will be enforced.

TODAY we are dealing with the ability of homosexuals to squash any and all opposition to any form of their sexual expression. Anyone who has the temerity of suggesting that any aspect of the homosexual agenda is wrong is subject to ridicule, attack, boycott or whatever.

Pretty much the same with other ideas, like being against mixed-race marriages or that native Americans are savages. I suggest you grow a thicker skin.