Calling all Birthers

To Merlyn and Beavah

A military base constitutes US soil.

If that's the biggest argument you can find against my points, I'm afraid to say my concerns are valid.

Also, at that point in time when McCain was born, the Panama Canal Zone was a US holding.(This message has been edited by BS-87)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"an intelligent, well spoken candidate (WHich ever sex they are) who can get their points across easily who explains what they stand for, demonstrates it in their daily life, guides others to do the same and enables us to see the plan? Is that to much to hope for?"

Hey OGE, in today's political environment, yes, yes that probably is too much to hope for.

Beavah - That's not fair, you already know I'm not a birther. I know Hawaii is US Soil and our POTUS is a citizen born in America. What we all know is that he's not a "natural born" citizen in the original sense of the term under English Common Law.

The only question here is whether or not the 14th Amendment nullifies the distinction between "native born" and "natural born"

AlFansome, yep. Those are definitely OUT there. Didn't Michael Moore try to use this same line of reasoning to collect some slaves in Mississippi a few years back? I can't remember exactly what he did but I do remember it involved a bunch of black guys and a sheriff who wasn't very amused.

This isn't something which keeps me up nights. The whole thing seems to me to be a Ninth Amendment issue -- like the whole concept has gone away from lack of use.

So from someone with little detailed knowledge of the issue, or at least less than what the rest of you seem to have, a question: Why doesn't Obama just post his birth certificate and be done with it? And if he doesn't have one, why not? Universal vital statistics has been around since the '20s.

"The newly elected Democrat governor, and a college friend of Obama's parents, vowed soon after taking office in December that he would track down the birth certificate and lay the rumors to rest.

"We'll do what we can as quickly as we can to make it inevitable that only those who wish the president ill, only the ones with a political agenda, will be the ones doing this kind of thing," Abercrombie told CNN in December.

In an interview from the same time with the New York Times, Abercrombie said, "It's an emotional insult. It is disrespectful to the president; it is disrespectful to the office.

"There's no reason on earth to have the memory of his parents insulted by people whose motivation is solely political. ... Let's put this particular canard to rest," he said.

Despite his assurance to end the controversy, the governor has yet to present the document."

Notice how he danced around the issue? "It's an insult that you want me to do what I said I would!" I think the long form lists O's father's religion as Muslim...

Oooops! Not the thread I thought it was going to be.

When I read the title "Birthers" I imagined people who work in the nursery area in hog and cattle farms.

I was gonna ask if Billy Crystal really would have lost the watch off his arm! :)

I fail to see the problem in the Arizona bill unless it is a point of law with which I am not familiar. Currently, the parties stipulate that the candidates meet all requirements but each state has the duty to assure that the candidates do indeed meet those qualifications. If a state requires the proof that the parties and the FEC stipulates is available - what's the problem? Just more checks. I do not doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii. So why should ALL states not require long form birth certificates, SSN, and other records that prove meeting the natural citizen requirement?

JoeBob, do you claim to be a 'birther'?

Would you like to see Obama's birth certificate? FactCheck has hi res photos of the actual document which they actually held in their hands here:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

These are really nice photos. What is the difference between this certificate and a 'long form' certificate? I have my birth certificate and it (as well as those of my wife and children - three different states) is even smaller and shorter than Obama's. Does this place us in doubt as well? They worked well enough for every OTHER time we had to prove our citizenship.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

The problem Gov Brewer had, herself being a former Secretary of State, was placing that authority and responsibility into her sole discretion.

Now, what I think she was really saying in her veto message was:

"What goes around, comes around."

"Be careful of what you ask for, you just might get it."