• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there's a finite probability that some glacial erratic feature exists around Chicago that I'm unaware of (an infinitely small one) that would qualify for those topographical anomalies....but as for the Nile Delta, I agree. That is supposed to be flat, much like most any other delta. Moreover, I have looked all over the West for the features in Mackenna's Gold, and search as much as I can...I can't find that water body just up from Mt. Rushmore in one of those National Treasure movies or the features in 'Holes' for that matter. Ain't movies great!

One of my favorite things I heard coming out of a movie was some person remarking about the first Star Wars movie. This individual was sad that it wasn't more realistic. Ohhhhh Yeahhhh.

Well the crowd would be peeved if they left out the fake space battle sounds and laser beams don't show in a vacuum either. Blaster bolts? danged if I know, send me a blaster and I'll check it out.

Star Wars not realistic?

Are you kidding me?

100 different species of humanoid, 300 different alien species , all in a shared space and they all completely understand each other without talking the same language?

Space ships that travel at the speed of light, but one broken wire and the pilot is puzzled?

An army of stormtropes fire thousands of shots with semi automatic laser blasters - as well as the rebels - and only 1 person gets hit per 800 shots...from 20 foot away!

HOW DARE ANYBODY SAY STAR WARS IS UNREALISTIC!!!!!!

:p

NJ, And don't forget the communicators. I suspect we're still vulnerable to invasion by the Sigma Lotians led by Bela Okmyx (or maybe his grandson)...since that communicator was never recovered. My favorite lines from that one - Kirk had just driven the crew in a cab with a manual transmission: Spock, "Captain, you are an excellent starship commander, but as a taxi driver you leave much to be desired."

Kirk, "It was that bad?"

I'm still hoping for a sequel. Sigh

So, the best Star Trek Kirk/Spock exchange ever:

Spock, these cadets of yourshow good are they? How will they respond under real pressure?

As with all living things, each according to his gifts.

See, if we all understood that, how much better a place would be have?

Sister Mary Stigmata: [after chasing Jake and Elwood out of her office with a ruler for using foul language] You are such a disappointing pair. I prayed so hard for you. It saddens and hurts me that the two young men whom I raised to believe in the Ten Commandments have returned to me as two thieves, with filthy mouths and bad attitudes.

[pauses and points at them]

Sister Mary Stigmata: Get out, and don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves.