Open Discussion - Program

Share Scouting Topics here.

Subforums

1. Scouts with Disabilities

Where parents and scouters go to discuss unique aspects to working with kids with special challenges.

A place to chat about Scouting's biggest gathering

8838 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 15 replies
  1. Just a warm fuzzy

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
  2. Job Descriptions

• 6 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• As @Eagle94-A1 said, adults can wear square knots on their uniform for certain ranks and awards that they earned as a youth:  Eagle Scout rank, Arrow of Light rank, Venturing Summit Award, Quartermaster Award, religious awards, etc.  There is a pretty good list here: http://usscouts.org/awards/knots1.asp
    • Awards or ranks? Ranks, whether the patch or pin, are for youth and not to be worn as adults. Now some youth ranks: Eagle Scout, Sea Scout Quartermaster, Cub Scout Arrow of Light, Venturing Silver/Summit, and some discontinued older Explorer ranks,  do have knots that represent the rank that adults do wear on their uniforms. And for Eagle, Quartermaster,  Silver/Summit, and the older awards with medals, those are worn on special occasions.   As to awards, I do have some of the awards on uniforms because i can still wear them. But most of them ar eframed on wall.
    • If I understand correctly.  Adult volunteers do not wear Scouting awards.
    • Jeep's 8 Scouter Rules....1) It's a Scout led program.   2) Never do anything  a Scout can do for themselves.  3)  The Troop Leader is the Senior Patrol Leader.  4)  The Patrol Method works ! 5)  It is a game with a purpose.   6) Fail to plan and you plan to fail.   7) A Scout is Taught,  Tested, Reviewed and Recognized.  8.  The trail to Eagle is a trail, not a destination….  
    • No maybe on the rain jacket, thunderstorms are common this time of year.
  • Who's Online (See full list)