Chapter 11 announced - Part 14 - Plan Effective

44 minutes ago, Ojoman said:

be nice if the same thing happens to the lawyers

That is exactly what happens for most of the lawyers. They get a percentage of the distribution.  

@Eagle1970Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that. The state by state difference is terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This framing drives me crazy.  BSA isn't being sued because BSA has money, BSA is being sued because BSA DID SOMETHING WRONG!  That has been the finding of virtually every judge and jury that has hear

I just wanted to say happy father's day to all the Survivors who tried and have tried their best, for so long, to be the best father they could be.  The secrets you kept to protect the partners in you

Maybe just a moment to take a break in the discussion and upvote or downvote @RememberSchiff for his diligent and faithful monitoring of this site, and all the delightful and informative Scouting news

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Eagle1970 said:

I probably will appeal but can see where it's headed. 

What is the "appeal process"? I was not aware that there was any appeal process.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:10 PM, Bzzy said:

What is the "appeal process"? I was not aware that there was any appeal process.

If you feel that the amount isn't fair you can appeal. You can go to the settlement trust website and click on the the settlement plan for more info. 

2 minutes ago, PaleRider said:

If you feel that the amount isn't fair you can appeal. You can go to the settlement trust website and click on the the settlement plan for more info. 

You can "request reconsideration" along with a check for $1000.  If they deny "reconsideration", they simply keep the $1000.  More abuse.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This fits into the general subject, though it may need to be moved.  I found it interesting that it discusses similar concerns that seem connected to the BSA problems.  And it too has been apparently swept under the proverbial rugs.  It relates to the staging and filming of preteen and early teen TV shows on Nickelodeon and other similar channels.    

https://www.aol.com/why-quiet-set-documentary-nickelodeon-204637311.html

• 4 weeks later...

04/19/2024 Iowa:  Just before deadline, Gov. Reynolds signs statute of limitations bill for Iowa Boy Scout abuse victims.

Sources:

https://dailyiowan.com/2024/04/19/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-signs-law-helping-boy-scout-sexual-abuse-survivors/

https://www.kcrg.com/2024/04/19/gov-reynolds-signs-bill-help-boy-scout-sex-abuse-victims/

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to work on finding this complete article, as I refuse to subscribe to get past the barrier.  I have two search sites to go to, so maybe will find it.  Meanwhile, I thought it was interesting to note.  Take a look and share if you find detail before I do.  

Boy Scouts' 'Red Flag List' Bars Undesirables, Col. Roosevelt Says; ' We Want to Preserve Fineness,' He Tells Jubilee Session in Chicago -- Rabbi Asserts We Must Choose Between Scouts and Hoodlums -- President Roosevelt Is Again Honored.

• Share full article
  •  

Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.

• May 18, 1935
Boy Scouts' 'Red Flag List' Bars Undesirables, Col. Roosevelt Says; ' We Want to Preserve Fineness,' He Tells Jubilee Session in Chicago -- Rabbi Asserts We Must Choose Between Scouts and Hoodlums -- President Roosevelt Is Again Honored.
Credit...The New York Times Archives
See the article in its original context from
May 18, 1935, Page 1Buy Reprints
New York Times subscribers* enjoy full access to TimesMachine—view over 150 years of New York Times journalism, as it originally appeared.
*Does not include Crossword-only or Cooking-only subscribers.
Full text is unavailable for this digitized archive article. Subscribers may view the full text of this article in its original form through TimesMachine.

CHICAGO, May 17. -- Disclosure that the Boy Scouts of America maintain a "red flag list" of persons regarded as undesirable influences on youth was made by Colonel Theodore Roosevelt today before the twenty-fifth anniversary meeting of the Scouts National Council. VIEW FULL ARTICLE IN TIMESMACHINE »

1 hour ago, skeptic said:

I have to work on finding this complete article, as I refuse to subscribe to get past the barrier.  I have two search sites to go to, so maybe will find it.  Meanwhile, I thought it was interesting to note.  Take a look and share if you find detail before I do.  

And as far as BSA Bankruptcy and where the bankruptcy plan what is the relevance?

1 hour ago, johnsch322 said:

And as far as BSA Bankruptcy and where the bankruptcy plan what is the relevance?

Simply proof that the IV files were known early on, and that they were not covering them up.  The bankruptcy and lawsuits are interrelated.  Not news of course.  

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, skeptic said:

Disclosure that the Boy Scouts of America maintain a "red flag list" of persons regarded as undesirable influences on youth

That is a far cry from saying we have files on men who have committed perverted sex acts upon young boys while engaging in the business of the Boy Scouts of America.

9 hours ago, skeptic said:

Simply proof that the IV files were known early on, and that they were not covering them up.  The bankruptcy and lawsuits are interrelated.  Not news of course.  

That's not a universal view. Many consider it proof that scouting's unique problem with men preying on boys was already so well known and documented after only 25 years that it was publicly acknowledged by no less than the son of a President on a national stage.  The article is proof of how early the problem was known, how long it was allowed to fester, and how little BSA effectively did about it over the ensuing decades. I've seen this article cited multiple times throughout the bankruptcy process as proof BSA has known it had a unique problem for almost its entire history. 

1 hour ago, Timbuktu said:

Not remotely true.

Repetitive ad infinitem; the problem was not "unique" to scouting.  It was a common issue of society then, as well as, sadly today.  It is something somehow dark in some people and part of that darker human nature, if you will.  But, again, the date on this article shows that the file was public very early on, so it was not hidden.  Horse is dead as far as that part goes.  

3 minutes ago, skeptic said:

But, again, the date on this article shows that the file was public very early on, so it was not hidden.  Horse is dead as far as that part goes.  

This is not a factual statement. Part of the files were released to the public October 18th, 2012, and only after a court order. Even what was released covered only 20 years 1965 to 1985. Even today there are files that have not been released. 

Boy Scout 'perversion files' offer disturbing portrait of suspected abusers, handling of their cases - oregonlive.com

"Many records show Scouting officials referring to sexual abuse in the vaguest terms -- describing it as "improper and indiscreet conduct with boys" or "abnormal conduct with boys.""

This is part of the path of release and why so many people associated with BSA hate him

2006:

Washington State Supreme Court rules that "perversion files" must be revealed to Seattle sex-abuse lawyer Tim Kosnoff.

Here is a part of the Boy Scout efforts:

"Clyde A. Brock, a 53-year-old bachelor, was twice "called to task" for taking nude photographs of Boy Scouts, displaying them around his Oregon City home, then showing them off to boys who visited. Yet troop leaders didn't kick him out.

Only after two Scouts came forward to say Brock had "relationships with them as well as other members of the troop ...that cannot be condoned" was he expelled from Scouting in 1968.

Scouting executives quietly blacklisted Brock from ever volunteering again, but let him skirt the accusations by writing a letter of resignation citing only his high blood pressure for quitting.

Brock's case is included in 14,500 pages of confidential Boy Scout"

• Sad 1