Sign in to follow this  
mashmaster

Stepping aside

Let’s change that. We can’t have too much of a good thing. Stupid adult, always making rules.:huh:

Barry

• Haha 1

Kids don’t always listen, but they are always watching what you do.

Cindy Crawford

No longer SM?  Hey, you with the wealth of experience.... volunteer for IOLS instructor.  Become a Unit Commissioner (for a different Unit! ).   Ask the District Commish if there's a new Unit around that needs some finger pointing or head nodding.  I think the idea " stick a fork in me, I'm done" is waaay off in the future.  

Smile and wave as you go by....

23 hours ago, SSScout said:

No longer SM?  Hey, you with the wealth of experience.... volunteer for IOLS instructor.  Become a Unit Commissioner (for a different Unit! ).   Ask the District Commish if there's a new Unit around that needs some finger pointing or head nodding.  I think the idea " stick a fork in me, I'm done" is waaay off in the future.  

Smile and wave as you go by....

I am already a VP on the District committee and have staffed or led some training courses.  If I can't get along with the new SM, I may switch over to being a commissioner or full time trainer at courses.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mashmaster said:

I am already a VP on the District committee and have staffed or led some training courses.  If I can't get along with the new SM, I may switch over to being a commissioner or full time trainer at courses.

If you have the clout, go for the District Commissioner. I personally believe the DC is most power person in the district and has the most leverage with council. Besides other advantages, the DC can control the training and training materials. I believe (I know) training is the fastest avenue for making broad changes through the units.  

The DC was my goal for taking over the world, bru ha ha ha. By the time I was asked, I was so burned out that I declined. I know, but just the possibility that the person at the other end of my ringing phone was someone wanting to talk scout business nauseated me. And, that is why you haven't seen the world change for the better.:D

Barry

Edited by Eagledad
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1