I just found out my dear friend and Assistant Scoutmaster, Allen Baum, has passed away after a courageous 15 month battle with brain cancer at 59 years old.  Allen was a 25 year veteran, ASM, eagle mentor and coach,  spent 15 weeks at our summer camp, a mainstay on weekend campouts, and raised three Eagle sons.Even through his illness he rarely missed a troop meeting.  Tears are flowing.

This is the second Troop leader we have lost to cancer in 4 months, as our Committee Chairman, Mark Camasta died in March of esophageal cancer, also at 59.  It's been a rough year.  We leave for camp on Saturday, and I hope a week in the North Woods of Wisconsin will buoy our spirits.

Dale

Eagle 90, My prayers are with you, the Family and your Scouts.

Two years ago I lost one of my Scouts to an enlarged heart that with no warning. At the funeral, we couldn't find a bugler to play taps. After the ceremonies at the grave site one of my Scouts yelled "Circle Up!"  We formed a circle with the break just of the corner of Mike's casket and sang the Scout Vespers. The Scout Masters voice cracked as he recited the Scout Masters Prayer.

I was Mikes Eagle advisor and stood in his place as we finished the project he had designed. He got his Eagle Honors posthumously.

I have a knot in my throat and a wet face as I type this reply. I know your pain. Prayers My Friend!