VOTE; IF YOU DO NOT, PLEASE RESTRAIN YOURSELF FROM COMPLAINING.

Well I guess I might as well admit that I was turned away from the polls due to not having an 'acceptable' ID.

Ok, what now? This needs an explanation. I'm pretty curious now...

For a little humor, though, please enjoy this Chad Vader video:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote so I can whine and complain all I want.   Stosh

Once again, instead of being able to vote FOR someone I strongly believe in, I had to vote AGAINST a party's policies I vehemently disagree with. The system is broken.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else. Winston Churchill   It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the o

I had left my DL at a relative's house by accident and the FedEx hadn't arrived in time so I presented my concealed weapon permit. It uses the exact same photo as the DL and was issued by the State Law Enforcement Division. They wouldn't accept it. Had to be a DL "....or some other government issued ID". I responded, "What about 'State Law Enforcement Division' do you not understand?". They responded: "The law is the law."

They don't want the likes of me to vote. I mentioned this to my students and one told me later that if he had known, he could have put me in touch with someone who could have sold me a very realistic but fake DL for $10, same day service, lol (evidently these are typically used to fool bartenders). I'll keep that in mind just in case.

• Upvote 1

Here in Murlin, one can insist to vote "provisionally", and then insist the Board of Elections rule on such. "Valid ID" is only required if there is some question about the voters real residence or valid registration. It did happen in my precinct place.

That option' date=' it turns out, was supposed to be open to me too. They neglected to mention that. I learned about it later.[/quote']

Too bad I don't live in your state, I would have been down there pounding on the table (or desk or wherever the poll workers sit) demanding you be given a provisional ballot.