Obama Care Vs Affordable care act.

Theory of Evolution (no scientific evidence to support it) assumes things continually improve as time goes on.

Natural Law of Thermaldynamics (scientifically proven) says things continually disintegrate as time goes on.

So, how's that political evolution thingy working out for you?

Stosh

: Gravity is currently provable, just drop a brick on your foot and it will prove itself out. Is it measurable? Yep, is it repeatable? Yep, but I wouldn't suggest it. How old is the Earth? Take a guess. Yep, your right. Guess again, yep, you're right. Try it again, yep, you're right. There's no way of proving it. So you're guess is just as good as the next guy's. :) Now if you want to go down to the mat on your opinion, fine, but it doesn't prove anything. :)

Stosh

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to take an excellent private industry and totally run it into the ground so that an ineffectual government boondoggle can replace it? Well, we now know. Insurance companies are dumping people ri

Theory of Evolution (no scientific evidence to support it) assumes things continually improve as time goes on.

Natural Law of Thermaldynamics (scientifically proven) says things continually disintegrate as time goes on.

Stosh

Gravity is currently provable, just drop a brick on your foot and it will prove itself out.

No, that's not "proof", that's evidence. The brick falling is evidence, but that doesn't even show that the mass of the earth is involved at all.

By the way, I've answered your questions, but you haven't answered mine -- how do you explain one strain of e. coli gaining the ability to metabolize citric acid?

Stosh

Gravity is currently provable, just drop a brick on your foot and it will prove itself out.

No, that's not "proof", that's evidence.

- By definition it's one-in-the-same. Trying to draw some distinction that doesn't exist is really not all that helpful.

The brick falling is evidence, but that doesn't even show that the mass of the earth is involved at all.

- And evidence of the existing world doesn't show that creationism didn't create it either. So again, the argument isn't very useful.

By the way, I've answered your questions, but you haven't answered mine -- how do you explain one strain of e. coli gaining the ability to metabolize citric acid?

As a mutant deviation of primordial pond scum, I'm really not well versed enough to ponder the mysteries and myths of the world. :)

Stosh

Stosh

No, that's not "proof", that's evidence.

- By definition it's one-in-the-same.

They aren't the same at all. Like I said, just dropping a brick on your foot doesn't even show that the mass of the earth is involved. Aristotle said that rocks "seek their place", which was the earth, which is why rocks fall.

Trying to draw some distinction that doesn't exist is really not all that helpful.

They ARE distinct. You are being sloppy with terminology.

And evidence of the existing world doesn't show that creationism didn't create it either. So again, the argument isn't very useful.

Your "arguments" certainly aren't useful. Observation isn't allowed, but things happening by magic are fine.

As a mutant deviation of primordial pond scum, I'm really not well versed enough to ponder the mysteries and myths of the world.

But you know enough to know it couldn't be evolution? How does that work?

Stosh

They ARE distinct. You are being sloppy with terminology.

Definition of Proof:

The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.

The validation of a proposition by application of specified rules, as of induction or deduction, to assumptions, axioms, and sequentially derived conclusions.

A statement or argument used in such a validation.

Convincing or persuasive demonstration: was asked for proof of his identity; an employment history that was proof of her dependability.

The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.

Determination of the quality of something by testing; trial: put one's beliefs to the proof.

Law The result or effect of evidence; the establishment or denial of a fact by evidence.

The alcoholic strength of a liquor, expressed by a number that is twice the percentage by volume of alcohol present.

Printing

A trial sheet of printed material that is made to be checked and corrected. Also called proof sheet.

A trial impression of a plate, stone, or block taken at any of various stages in engraving.

A trial photographic print.

Any of a limited number of newly minted coins or medals struck as specimens and for collectors from a new die on a polished planchet.

Archaic Proven impenetrability: "I was clothed in Armor of proof" (John Bunyan).

American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language

I can cite other references 'til the cows come home and it probably won't change your beliefs or agenda.

Stosh

Well, since you don't even accept valid scientific theories, your sloppy usage is not really a concern of mine.

Open Letter to President Obama:

THANK YOU for not listening to those pesky stubborn Republicans who wanted to delay the individual mandate for a year. You delayed the business mandate all by yourself; but if you had 'negotiated' with Republicans and kept the government open in exchange for delaying the individual mandate, we wouldn't be witnessing the current meltdown of ACA Website.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/20/opinion/sunday/douthat-obamacare-failing-ahead-of-schedule.html?ref=rossdouthat&_r=1&

"Federal officials did not permit testing of the Obamacare healthcare.gov website or issue final system requirements until four to six days before its Oct. 1 launch, according to an individual with direct knowledge of the project.

The individual, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the troubled Obamacare website project as suffering from top-level management disarray, changing systems requirements and recurring delays. Federal officials did not permit testing of the Obamacare healthcare.gov website or issue final system requirements until four to six days before its Oct. 1 launch, according to an individual with direct knowledge of the project.

The individual, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the troubled Obamacare website project as suffering from top-level management disarray, changing systems requirements and recurring delays."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/troubled-obamacare-website-wasnt-tested-until-a-week-before-launch/article/2537381

If a fourth year of over-budget work on the website had improved it's ability to function, Obamacare might have survived. Since the website is often quoted as being the easiest part of ACA implementation, I look forward to many more interesting developments as your federal government attempts to improve on healthcare.

Makes me look forward to dying!

Is a 'Death Panel' an interview process? Do you pass or fail?

Thanks!

JoeBob

THANK YOU for not listening to those pesky stubborn Republicans who wanted to delay the individual mandate for a year. You delayed the business mandate all by yourself; but if you had 'negotiated' with Republicans and kept the government open in exchange for delaying the individual mandate, we wouldn't be witnessing the current meltdown of ACA Website.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/20/opinion/sunday/douthat-obamacare-failing-ahead-of-schedule.html?ref=rossdouthat&_r=1&

"Federal officials did not permit testing of the Obamacare healthcare.gov website or issue final system requirements until four to six days before its Oct. 1 launch, according to an individual with direct knowledge of the project.

The individual, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the troubled Obamacare website project as suffering from top-level management disarray, changing systems requirements and recurring delays. Federal officials did not permit testing of the Obamacare healthcare.gov website or issue final system requirements until four to six days before its Oct. 1 launch, according to an individual with direct knowledge of the project.

The individual, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the troubled Obamacare website project as suffering from top-level management disarray, changing systems requirements and recurring delays."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/troubled-obamacare-website-wasnt-tested-until-a-week-before-launch/article/2537381

If a fourth year of over-budget work on the website had improved it's ability to function, Obamacare might have survived. Since the website is often quoted as being the easiest part of ACA implementation, I look forward to many more interesting developments as your federal government attempts to improve on healthcare.

Thanks!

JoeBob

Again, Repubs were not negotating they were taking the country hostage and making demands.. What were the Repubs willing to give up for gutting the ACA besides returning that which they had kidnapped??.. I didn't hear of any offers on the table.. Therefore, it was not negotiations, it was hostage taking and making demands..

I guess if someone kidnaps your child and demands you pay them a million bucks and not involve the police, you would consider that negotiations..

Stosh

So I assume that no evidence/proof is going to be offered up for the false "science" of evolution?

However, one can make the validated premise that evolution is nothing more than attempts by anti-Christians to give false validation to a branch of pseudo-science that does nothing more than create a second "creation" theory based on humanism, pantheism and a dozen other ism's to attack the principles of Christian issues. Creationism and Evolution are both simply faith/belief system based and have no credibility in the world of science. Apples and oranges. The debate rages on and will do so for all eternity. One cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, no matter how much one tries.

Do the research, it is quite interesting for those who do.

Stosh

Thanks!

JoeBob

Hmmmm, sounds like something the Dems would do... Oh, wait, they did and 600,000 Americans perished. Your argument is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

Just remember, it was Darwinism that coined the phrase "survival of the fittest". This is Darwinism in action. Only those who really don't need medical insurance in the first place will survive, the rest are simply not fit to survive in this world.

Stosh

Thanks!

JoeBob

'Taking the country hostage' is LiberalSpeak for having a position other that the Dems.

'Gutting the ACA' is LiberalSpeak for delaying the individual mandate, if Republicans ask for the delay.

Did you call it 'Gutting the ACA' when PrezBo delayed the business mandate?

What are you going to call it when PrezBo delays the individual mandate? "A badly needed repair for lingering 'Bush's fault'"?

Stosh

So I assume that no evidence/proof is going to be offered up for the false "science" of evolution?

No, you've been given evidence and have ignored it, to maintain your ignorance.

By the way, how did that strain of e. coli develop the ability to metabolize citric acid after 31,500 generations? Magic?

Oh wait, that's some of the evidence that you're studiously ignoring, so you can parrot your mantra that there's no evidence.

Thanks!

JoeBob

JoeBob,

Get serious. It is common knowledge that every evil in the world is Bush's fault. His legacy of evil has been effective that even 5 years later, the administration hasn't made a dent. His reign of terror was so effective that even today, nothing can be done to fix it and probably will take another 3 years and probably another 8 after that, and then another 8 to start getting things back to normal. Even after all these years, people speak of Regan as if he was a god. It's tough to deal with such distractions. Every now and then one of these Republicans gets in office and it sets the liberal agenda back 20 years. It's awful!

Stosh

Stosh

One test, one strain of E. Coli, one mutation out of how many thousands? And there were 20 other mutations that produced negative results. And you base the complex nature of today's world on that as supporting evidence? I could run one test and come to yet another conclusion, but I'm not going to waste that much time on something to get infanticimal random results to prove a non-scientific theorem. According to the study, there are 20 times more chances for the case of devolution instead. 15 years of grasping at straws is not scientific proof.

You really got to do a lot better than that study to "prove" the existence of evolution. Like I said, people have just as much proof of creationism as you do evolution.

Just store it away in the back of your mind for future reference. Darwin was a trained theologian, not a student of the scientific world. Evolution is based in religion, not science. Thus like creationism, neither can be proved scientifically. Oh, and Darwin developed heavily into the atheistic beliefs and developed his evolution principles more on anti-Christian concepts, than anything scientific.

Do your homework.

Stosh

Stosh

One test

No, NOT one test.

one strain of E. Coli, one mutation out of how many thousands?

Thousands of thousands. That's how evolution works.

And there were 20 other mutations that produced negative results.

NO. YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE EXPERIMENT.

This is a long-term, ongoing evolution experiment, to watch how separated colonies of e. coli evolve differently even though they are from the same original stock.

ONE strain developed the ability to metabolize citric acid. The other colonies happened not to, but they evolved in other ways. The citric acid was the most notable, which is why this experiment is so widely known now.

But you'd rather keep yourself ignorant:

I could run one test and come to yet another conclusion, but I'm not going to waste that much time on something to get infanticimal random results to prove a non-scientific theorem.

Look, this one example I've given you is much better evidence for evolution than your comical brick-dropping "experiment" is for gravity, yet you say the brick is evidence for gravity but you keep denying that a strain of e. coli developing the ability to eat something as food that the other strains CAN'T eat as food is not evidence of evolution.

An organism developing a new ability after thousands of generations, somehow, isn't evolution. According to you, a non-scientist.

According to the study, there are 20 times more chances for the case of devolution instead.

No, the other colonies ALSO evolved. If you had bothered to read the study, you'd know that. They all developed (to various degrees) larger average cell sizes, for one thing (which is very common in evolution). They didn't "fail" or "devolved", they ALL EVOLVED. ONE colony happened to develop an entirely new way to metabolize citric acid. THAT'S EVOLUTION.

You really got to do a lot better than that study to "prove" the existence of evolution.

No, no. You can remain pig-ignorant. Really. You can be as pig-ignorant as you like. I will point out to other people that you are pig-ignorant.

Do your homework.

Coming from you, that's laughable.