New noise from Illinois

Hello All,

Started scouts as a cub and almost made it to first class.

Really wish I would have stayed with but somehow got led astray.

Was cubmaster in a Pack I helped start for a couple years until it folded, a sad day. Rejoined scouting when my son joined as a Cub.

Served as asst. den leader and asst webelos leader. I am now a committe member and advancement chairman. I try never to miss a meeting or campout, I love this scout stuff. I'll be missing this weekend's campout to attend my OA ordeal.

Oh, my real name.... Ken Knasiak.

(hi, dale)

Hey Ken, welcome to the campfire! We're glad to have you here.

For the uninitiated, Ken's title of this thread, "Noise from Illinois" is catchy to the eye, but it doesn't actually rhyme when said aloud.

Try to rhyme it in Dixon and they'll string ya up!

Unc.

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Brookfield, which is a commuter suburb west of that big bad city.

Got back from my ordeal today and I AM SORE! I've got band-aids over the blisters on my hands but I think I'll live. I had a great time and met some great scouts and scouters.

As far as my my rhyme goes, Youse guys should come down to da city an' learn how real people talk.

Hey Spiney! You had perfect weather at Tomo this weekend! My son was going for his ordeal this weekend too. Unfortunatly he was sheduled to work and could not find anyone to take over for him. He is now hoping he can make it to Mach in May!

Congratulations and Welcome!

Brookfield? How close to the Zoo?

Originally from Wood Dale, used to date a girl from Brookfield, be sitting in her back yard, all enclosed by trees, a very romantic setting and then w huge loud lions roar would waft through the trees, the first time it terrfied me, especially when she said it was her dad.

Oh yes, the weather was gorgeous this weekend. Guess I got lucky.

I live about 1.5 miles directly west of the zoo. A little too far to hear or smell anything. I think it's highly ironic that you can regularly see coyotes and deer running along the north side of the zoo that faces the forest preserves.