Good Turn for America Patch

Centered on the right pocket is correct. It is a temporary patch. Temporary is not defined by the BSA . . . so it's not unusual to have it there as long as you like. I believe the rockers go through 2008 ;)

Unc.

That is strange cause I seen leaders wearing them above the right pocket. And there were some District leaders also with them above the right pocket.

So now I am curious on the proper postion.

YIS,

Chris

"That is strange cause I seen leaders wearing them above the right pocket."

It's easy to see lots of stuff that is not correct. Same as hearing wrong info too. The Insignia Guide specifies the locations for insignia. If it's not listed, it goes in the temporary location on the right pocket. If you're challenged about it, ask to see the written source that says otherwise.

• 1 year later...

"When I received the patch and rocker at the official council scout shop I was told it is to be worn above the right pocket."

They were wrong.

The only patches that go above the right pocket are:

* interpreter strips

* the venture strip (for boys in a Venture Patrol)

* Jamboree patches

As others have mentioned, get a copy of the Insignia Guide. Or try asking those Scout Shop workers where it is in WRITING that the GTFA patch goes in the place for Jamboree patches.

http://www.goodturnforamerica.org

About > FAQs > Where does the Good Turn for America patch go?

"The Good Turn for America patch qualifies as temporary insignia. Therefore, it should be worn centered on the right pocket. Only one temporary patch may be worn at a time.

Female leaders wearing either the traditional yellow Cub Scout leader blouse or the optional tan leader blouse may wear one temporary insignia centered above the Boy Scouts of America strip. Females in Boy Scouting and Venturing place temporary insignia the same as on the men's shirt."

Ed

• 2 years later...

We have the pleasure of introducing ourselves to you that we are specializing in Embroidery patch on leather and kind of special materials. And we would like to establish business relations with you on the basis of quality, mutual benefit and the exchange of needed goods in the new year. You can get more information about us at our website http://www.emblem.cn.'>http://www.emblem.cn.

JR EMBLEM Co., Ltd.

#301,No.21,Guoluji, Xinhui District, Jiangmen City, GuangDong Province, China

Tel: 86-0750-8608761

Fax: 86-0750-6121965

E-Mail: info@jr-emblem.com

april@jr-emblem.com

http://www.jr-emblem.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i believe that you are both correct. the insignia may be allocated to either, the right pocket or the right chest. The oa feels that the right pocket is their domain, so it has been noted that the above the right pocket, above the interpreter strips can be temporary isignia, or on the right pocket. But, i believe, the temporary insignia can only be on one of the two locations.

"the insignia may be allocated to either, the right pocket or the right chest. The oa feels that the right pocket is their domain, so it has been noted that the above the right pocket, above the interpreter strips can be temporary isignia, or on the right pocket. But, i believe, the temporary insignia can only be on one of the two locations."

Sigh. This is so incorrect.

The OA does NOT feel the right pocket is their domain. The right pocket is the normal location for temporary insignia. Always has been, always will be. The OA might feel the right pocket flap is their domain, but that's another issue.

Above the right pocket is really only for Jamboree patches (and interpreter strips). Its ONLY a location for temporary insignia for female leaders (and I think then it was only if they were wearing the yellow blouse. not sure if this is so with the tan blouse).

Sighing.

Really?

Anyways. I was wrong about the temporary insignia. The right chest is only for Jamobree or International Scouting Programs. The right pocket is for all temporary insignia. THe right pocket flap is encourged to be mainly OA, although there is not any hard and fast rule on the only OA. Again, sorry for the misinformation.

The right pocket flap is only for the OA patch. The excerpt below is from nationals site. Seems pretty clear that temporary patches do not belong on the pocket flap.

"Only one such patch may be worn at a time. The patch is worn centered on the right pocket and must not exceed the dimension of the seams of the pocket, nor extend higher than the lowest tip of the pocket flap."