X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OA sash lengths

This is a pretty simple topic. Are OA sashes available in more than one length. My older son completed his ordeal this weekend and came home with a sash that hangs to his knees. He's about 5'6" and the 75-1/2 inch sash looks great, but could look a lot better.

We have his uncle's sash here from the mid-1950s and it measures 59" end to end and fits much better. Is a second size, smaller than 75 inches, available?

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10L.aspx

Comment

Thanks! I could not find anything at scoutstuff.org.

Comment

Depending upon how your local council handles things, either they will be able to sell you one, with evidence of membership (usually the membership card) or tyou will have to go throught he lodge. My council has everything OA related goignt hrough the lodge.

Comment

The standard sash is 65" long. It sounds like he received a long sash - 75" long.

Comment

Safety pins. Worked for me until I "grew into it".

Comment

He should only wear the Ordeal sash until he seals his membership to Brotherhood. Have him tough it out until then. Shouldn't be that long.

Comment

Oh Jezzzz.... Anyone Sew Anymore?
                If your Sure he ain't gonna "Blossom" into a Giant anytime soon ... Shorten in...Hem and replace new Snaps
                Another thing..something I did..I put a Piece of Velcro on my Sash and Uniform to keep the sash from slipping down all the Time...Kept the Arrow upright and at a Good height all the Time.

Comment

Working...
                X