Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the implication that Einstein was too chicken too declare himself an outright atheist. Maybe the scientists (leaders in thier fields, responsible for extending the lives of untold thousands) I meet for prayer on a regular basis are also cowardly athiests and merely taking time out of their otherwise busy schedules to keep up a pretense.

Comment

• NJCubScouter
      NJCubScouter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, he specifically said he was NOT an atheist, but he said he WAS an agnostic. He also referred to "God" but made it clear he did not believe in the God described in the Bible, nor did he believe in prayer. So for whatever it's worth, I don't think he would have been at your meetings.

• qwazse
      qwazse commented
      Editing a comment
      There have been a lot of different meetings over the years, and quite a few agnostics have darkened the doors of our church, Jews as well. But you're right, I don't think we had too much in common with Albert. Besides, his visit to the 'burgh were rare and brief (http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...to-Pittsburgh/)

The point is that Einstien was quite outspoken, and if he thought the Bible was keeping our society in shackles, he would have made some attempt at "liberating" us.
Working...
X