• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the congressional charter...scouters get the day off...

You know as Germany is paying for the entire European Union I was half expecting a statement today that Germany would also pay for the US ... ^o^

If all non-essential personal are furloughed, what are the congressmen still doing in the capital?   It is not an issue of Dems and Reps, it's a issue of people and government. Government (both pa

I have now seen pigs fly. I tried to find this on Fox News, but they seem to have missed it.
Yep.. Now starts the Republican spin, of "We're winning this war!" and promises of continued obstructionism.

“Ted Cruz will be the takeaway from the shutdown, and if he becomes the 2016 nominee these events will be the reason,†Steve LaTourette said.

Already that seems to be the takeaway among lawmakers who backed Cruz’s Obamacare confrontation. They may not have gotten everything they wanted –

actually, anything they wanted – but at least they stood by their principles and energized millions of activists. They call that success.

“I don’t know how anything changes between now and when we hit the next debt ceiling,†Congressman Tim Huelskamp of Kansas said. “We are winning the war.â€Â

“The establishment in Washington may have won this battle, but I think people are going to see that we’re willing to stand up for them,†Congressman Raul Labrador

said at a panel discussion Wednesday. “That’s the story that you’re going to write in November.â€Â

So I can see this working for Ted Cruz to win the Republican Presidential Primary.. If you have 5 Republicans in the fight, and 1/3 are anarchists, and after 2 more years of stupidity, 1/3 are so fed up with their party they don't vote in the primary.. He could win.. But then he would need to win the whole country.. Now I am not saying that 2/3 of the Republican party will turn around and vote democrat.. They most likely just won't vote.. The Independents will not vote for him (those who vote will go Democratic or Independent), and then all Dems will be voting Democratic.. 70% of the country was NOT happy with what just took place.. Only 20% were.. You can't win a National election with only 20% of the vote.. Ted Cruz as the Republican candidate means an easy win for whatever Democrat runs be it Hilliary Clinton, Joe Biden or Bozo the clown..

I hate to see 3 more years of this just so Ted Cruz can win the primary, and totally gut the Republican party. I am fine with Republicans either getting their act together and repairing their brand, or dying a slow death, rather then seeing them self implode in the next 3 years.. Here is a study in Narcissism at it's finest.

I have now seen pigs fly. I tried to find this on Fox News, but they seem to have missed it.
Seemed to play out fairly well for him from what I can discern. Unless you are referring to posthumous. In no way am I suggesting we need a Lord Protectorate, but our system is broken. We need leaders who want to govern, not tear down the government.

I would like to point out that just because the "shut-down" has ended, does not mean that federal workers are, well, working.

The message at 800 number this morning reports that employees are not to report to work until contacted by their supervisor. I was ready to go this morning, but was told to sit on my hands.

I would like to point out that just because the "shut-down" has ended, does not mean that federal workers are, well, working.

The message at 800 number this morning reports that employees are not to report to work until contacted by their supervisor. I was ready to go this morning, but was told to sit on my hands.

Lets not forget about all the contractors who were fuloughed without pay. They have been left in the dust.
I get the sense that this entire shutdown debacle was an outlandish stunt to get re-election money from the Koch brothers. Ted Cruz probably won in that regard. Although the Koch Brother's have never been accused to having long term vision, Ted Cruz has nearly zero chance at the presidency due to his radical tendencies.

What has happened to Marco Rubio? He's been awfully quiet during all this. Oh yeah, he dared to work with Democrats on immigration reform so the GOP no longer trust him.

For Republicans, they can take peace of mind in the fact that all presidential hopefuls who worked in Congress voted against the plan to open the government and raise the debt ceiling.. So they let their party know they could careless about America and only for political idiology.. No bi-partianship for the good of the country for any of them.

And they all have great talking points on how this government shutdown was a terrific success, all out victory etc. etc. So of them wins the primary their is video for some negative ad campaigns.. I am sure their will be much more over the next few years as they go about with their campaign of to hell with America in order to rev up the psychos in their base..

I wonder why there is a wait.. Guy with the keys to the building went on vacation during the shutdown?? Hope you get your call soon NAE.

OK, so now we have a fairly clean continuing resolution, and the debt ceiling has been raised.

We know the deadlines for this new continuing resolution, and debt ceiling limit.

Is anybody going to lead and/or govern, or are we just going to continue to keep kicking the can down the road until 2016?

The problems of this nation still exist, and they need to be addressed.

Spending Limits, ACA implementation are real issues that cannot be ignored!

Obama needs to meet with the house leaders and hammer out a budget. The citizens of this nation deserve to know what the revenue streams are, and where/how their money is being spent.

The budget needs to be greenlighted by the House Ways and Means Committee. (There is still a House W&M committee, right?)

Harry Reid needs to bring the proposed buget to the floor of the Senate. No stonewalling!

Any conflicts need to go to resolution and thougtfully debated; keeping in mind not only the obligations of today, but how we affect the future for our children.

Of all gov't functions, this is the most important, and should be the no. 1 priority of the President and Congress. Period!

Now, as far as the ACA is concerned, I have a tough time believing that many folks are cool with Nancy Pelosi's "We have to pass it to find out what is in it..." contention. If she worked for me, and submitted a report and said sign off on it, no need to read it, well, she would be certainly disiplined in the way the world works. There was no good reason to ramrod the ACA legislation down our collective throats, without some meaningful debate and discussion. This country doesn't have a health care problem, it has a problem with affordable health care coverage. This is a problem that has been with us for over 25 yrs. Another two years or so, to put together some meaningful legislation would not have hurt this country one bit. This piecemealed, loaded with political favors, piece of legislation is what upsets a lot of Americans, and IMO, rightfully so. From where I'm sitting, the ACA still discaourages low income folks from purchasing health coverage, because it is not really affordable.

Sorry for the rant, but the question remains, is anybody going to lead/govern this country?

OK, so now we have a fairly clean continuing resolution, and the debt ceiling has been raised.

We know the deadlines for this new continuing resolution, and debt ceiling limit.

Is anybody going to lead and/or govern, or are we just going to continue to keep kicking the can down the road until 2016?

The problems of this nation still exist, and they need to be addressed.

Spending Limits, ACA implementation are real issues that cannot be ignored!

Obama needs to meet with the house leaders and hammer out a budget. The citizens of this nation deserve to know what the revenue streams are, and where/how their money is being spent.

The budget needs to be greenlighted by the House Ways and Means Committee. (There is still a House W&M committee, right?)

Harry Reid needs to bring the proposed buget to the floor of the Senate. No stonewalling!

Any conflicts need to go to resolution and thougtfully debated; keeping in mind not only the obligations of today, but how we affect the future for our children.

Of all gov't functions, this is the most important, and should be the no. 1 priority of the President and Congress. Period!

Now, as far as the ACA is concerned, I have a tough time believing that many folks are cool with Nancy Pelosi's "We have to pass it to find out what is in it..." contention. If she worked for me, and submitted a report and said sign off on it, no need to read it, well, she would be certainly disiplined in the way the world works. There was no good reason to ramrod the ACA legislation down our collective throats, without some meaningful debate and discussion. This country doesn't have a health care problem, it has a problem with affordable health care coverage. This is a problem that has been with us for over 25 yrs. Another two years or so, to put together some meaningful legislation would not have hurt this country one bit. This piecemealed, loaded with political favors, piece of legislation is what upsets a lot of Americans, and IMO, rightfully so. From where I'm sitting, the ACA still discaourages low income folks from purchasing health coverage, because it is not really affordable.

Sorry for the rant, but the question remains, is anybody going to lead/govern this country?

The resolution spells out how the house and SENATE are to meet and negotiate a budget.. The Senate after they passed a budget in May asked over 18 times for the house to sit down so that they could debate the deferences between the two budget plans both the house and the SENATE proprosed.. The House refused because they wanted the shutdown in order to blackmail the government in to doing everything their way rather then negotiating in the approved manner.. They didn't get anywhere and so now they have signed a resolutions that states they will come to the table and negotiate the right way..

Harry Reid does not need to bring anything to the floor for a vote until the negotiations and concessions FROM BOTH PARTIES are made..

Obama really has no need to get involved with this process unless he is needed to calm temper tantrums or needs to way in with the fact that what they are proposing would not get his signature even if it did pass through the Senate..

We had to wait for our assignment to be released and for the letters to go out.

I work in the Department of Commerce and do monthly surveys of the nation's economic conditions. The survey that was suppose to run in this area from October 1st to October 21st was on transportation, shipping, and commute patterns. That data set was supposed to be released October 1st and letters were supposed to be mailed to those selected for the survey. That obviously didn't happen, so there was nothing for me to do until people with a higher pay grade than mine got everything lined up.

In the end that survey was canceled and everyone was moved over to working on the October unemployment numbers, since unemployment is deemed more important that commute patterns. Right now it looks like Octobers unemployment numbers will only be a week late, since they canceled our other projects this month and put everything into the Unemployment survey.

Remember, this is the government here. It doesn't have to make sense.

Stosh