Religion/Sexuality

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weather you agree with ti or not does not matter. the fact is most boys and parents arent comfortable sending there boys into the woods alone for a weekend with a gay boy or adult. do you want to risk the pristine reputation of the boy scouts just to let a few fruits join. why dont they form there own "Gay Scouts of America" "GSA" instead of trying to get in and ruin our organization.

If you wish to argue that homosexuality is primarily inherited rather primarily learned there are issues as well. Saying that homosexuality is inherited doesn't make it right or a good life style. We do not say that persons who are genetically predisposed for alcoholism should continue to drink. Alcoholism is self destructive as well as risky to others, e.g. drunk drivers. Males with extra Y chromosomes are prone to violent crimes. Should we say that it is OK to assault and murder others because someone has the predisposition? Of course not! Male homosexuality is typically a very unhealthy lifestyle even prior to AIDS. Should we embrace smoking and cigarettes for our boys? Of course not. So similarly, homosexuality should not be embraced as an equally good lifestyle. The CDC reports that less than 1.9% of the population are long term homosexuals - most have relatively short ventures in a homosexual lifestyle. That is a small group to change the values of an entire program. This is not to condemn homosexuals but rather to put things into a proper prospective. Whether homosexuality is genetic or not has nothing to do with the lifestyle being good or not. The lifestyle as commonly practiced is unhealthy and not a good role model for our youth.

Here we go again. Homosexuality is an unhealthy lifestyle so gays should be excluded from scouting. While we are at it lets give the old heave-ho to every scouter who smokes or drinks. Obesity is unhealthy so lets use the new health and medical form to weed out all the overweight scouts and scouters. I suspect that when we are done their won't be a lot of us left.

Do you have a link for the CDC statistics? I have searched their website and can't find this data.

Scouting effectively bans alcoholics and chain smokers (though if one can wait long enough they can still smoke away from the youth). Obesity is being squeezed out. So the BSA is excluding some unhealthy lifestyles. My point was not that homosexuals should be excluded because they are unhealthy rather that their lifestyle should not be considered a healthy lifestyle to be promoted. The other point is that whether homosexuality is genetic or not does not effect whether it is right or wrong. The Jewish and Christian faiths are based on a Bible that condemns homosexuality. The BSA has decided to exclude homosexuals. I believe that they are correct in doing so and I agree with other posters who have said that those who disagree should join alternative scout like organizations. If I find myself disagreeing with the BSA that much, I will leave.

My favorite used to be mangos but there were so many this season they were just being squished into smithereens on the roads and the aroma, while good at first, became a little old after while. So in addition to those really delectable fruits, I also had a fully-ripe pineapple every day.

Of course this doesn't count green bananas which are prepared in a manner similar to mashed potatoes. They taste about the same too. Didn't eat much because they weren't in full season yet but breadfruit are also a great substitute for potatoes if prepared correctly.

But all in all, I'd rather carefully pick them rather than shake them from trees.

NickP412, the parents and boys in this area don't seem to mind. Perhaps if you could give the source of the data behind your survey?

Hair color IS a choice. Just ask my daughter.

Some fruits are sweet, some are sour. Some are fancy, some are plain and don't look like fruits at all. Fruits come in all colors, sizes and shapes. I like some fruits, others, not so much. But because I don't like some fruits, doesn't mean all fruits are bad.

Been away for a few days a few observations on the revival...

Hot August night...

I meant of this thread

I think about the argument that some put forth that homosexuals are barred from the BSA based on concerns that Homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles and it is a youth protection issue. Well, if the BSA sees it as a youth protection issue, perhaps it should contemplate banning the group that has historically provided the largest by far amount of molestors in the BSA in other words, seeming heterosexual married men with children either on the program or aged out. That's the group that seems to be the perpertrator a huge percent of the time. People being interviewed after their arrest are always shocked, "he was always such a nice guy", "I can't beleive it, he seemed so normal" etc. Just once I would like to hear, "You know, I can beleive it, the way he pranced around here with his boyfriends, I knew he wasnt right"

Just a thought

(This message has been edited by oldGreyeagle)