Boy Scout troops in Europe have little trouble finding new sponsors

Ed says:

I didn't mean they didn't use the word discrimination or discriminate, NJ!

Well then, Ed, what exactly DID you mean by: "I don't think they said a thing about discrimination."?

You're starting to sound like Bob White!

Now that's a low blow. :) But actually, if I sounded like Bob White, lately, I wouldn't have said anything at all. Has anyone noticed he seems to have disappeared? I looked it up and he hasn't posted since Nov. 23. And I don't see a goodbye note anywhere.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to shed a little more light on what's really going on, read:

http://www.newshounds.us/2004/12/05/oreillyrumsfeld_interview_part_ii.php

This is a transcript of an interview of Rumsfeld by Bill O'Reilly. Two things are clear:

1. Rumsfeld is not going to reverse the settlement--indeed, he seems to recognize that the military can't sponsor units.

2. O'Reilly puts his finger (I think) on the real solution--the military will "dance around" the restrictions so that there will be no changes on the ground for units.

Conclusion: the ACLU gained little if anything out of the settlement, BSA units will experience little if any burden, and the proposed legislation will go nowhere and would do nothing even if it did.

It's possible that I am a culprit in this. Bob and I had an exchange about a quote from one of his messages in another thread. I left it with a question and never heard (read) another thing from him. Whatever the reason, it's his choice to participate - or not.

Edited part: OGE, I just reread your message to Ed and it made me wonder...is Bob White suffering from an illness? Do you know something about this?(This message has been edited by packsaddle)