Yellowjacket Control?

Eisely:

I presume you mean the little sheets of crinkly stuff that is supposed to make your clothes wrinkle free? Softner? Not cotton percale or polyester blend?

What would they do? Keep the bugs away or attract them?

Do they really work in your experience?

It's probably polically incorrect, because some insects will be killed or injured during production ...

get a broad pan (pie tin, cake pan, etc). Fill with water and some dishsoap. Put a chunk of raw hamburger in it (partially exposed). The soapy water messes them up instantly, and they drown.

the bounce dryer sheets also help some with misquitoes... my son takes a box with him every summer camp and puts up a couple fresh ones each day... not only helps with the bugs but keeps his tent from being the smelliest!

This isn't a practical solution but my friend had a Jack Russell that developed the skill of literally biting them out of the air. It would knock them down and then meticulously kill them with its canine teeth without getting stung (as far as I could tell). I wish I had a video of that to put on Youtube.

These wasps get very aggressive in the fall. But the cool temperatures will make this a short duration. Just wait it out.