Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shared a car trip with a fellow ASM, 5 year vet, who was gushing about Wood Badge. I listened, realizing that I have some prejudice after hanging around these boards. He was very excited when I used the word "ticket". Really into it.

After 15 minutes I asked him: "And how will this directly benefit our Troop?".

Comment

"...After 15 minutes I asked him: "And how will this directly benefit our Troop?". "

Good question. I would be interested to know how he responded. The purpose of the WB ticket is to have a positive impact on your unit.

I have not drank the Woodbadge Kool-Aid. I can't seem to get myself to pay $300 for a course that will inspire me to do things for Scouting when I'm already inspired to do positive things. Something must be wrong with me .

Comment

I agree with many of the posters. I've witnessed a few scouting divorces in my tenure as ASM. I'm not saying that it was the primary reason but it sure was contributory. Sometimes (please no rock throwing) I think scouting can become a cult.

Comment

Working...
        X