• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic! The kid that pulled this one should get this tent from here on out...I'll bet the other scouts call it the "dog house".

Most kids of scouting age are absolutley fascinated with gross bodily functions, doesnt excuse the kid that did the dirty deed, but its entirely in keeping with the 12 year old mind set...I hope the unit that this occured in doesnt have a PC melt-down over it.

Let the PLC decide what if any disciplinary measure should be taken.

Oh, BTW...FDP is also known in the PC world as Replica biodgradable canine by-product (non-toxic, safe for use by children 12 and up).

"Most kids of scouting age are absolutley fascinated with gross bodily functions,"

Let's make that "Most boys of Scouting age . . ." Very few girls are fascinated by smelly bodily emanations. Heck, get a bunch of adult men together and a farting contest will often errupt (pun intended). I doubt if you'd see that with women.

This is one of the many reasons that girls don't like to hang out with boys (despite Dean's protestations).

I recieved a note from a forum memebr who thought I was being sacreligious in my tongue-in-cheek post above about the Ark of the Covenant. No offense was intended. I was referring to the Ark being made of a type of Acacia wood, which is called (let's see if I can do this without being censored) S-H-I-T'-T-A-M wood. At least that's what I recall.

Trevor - seriously? I went to church every sunday as kid and didnt know there was an actual physical ark until I saw Indian Jones. And I even went to a church listed in the Wolf handbook under the "god" section. Its about whether you interpret literally vs figuratively. And that is a whole other slope I dont want to touch. Wow I could care less about the reference. Again should we not go to Indiana Jones movies?

Gold - I totally disagree with a lot of your inferences about men and women. When I was 25 (which was a while ago) I became one of the first women in a male dominated arena, Hospital controllers/cfo's. Most of my "friends" at work were men as they were doing what I was. In fact I had two PLUTONIC male roommates at the time. What a learning experience that was.

When I became a Division CFO, I was the FIRST female to EVER hold this position. In fact it was very hard for me to relate to a lot of women as I really never wanted to talk about recipes, appliances or kids (as I didnt have any at the time) - I wanted to talk about business, finance, the stock market, current events, etc.

Even though I gave all that up to become a parent, I still prefer to talk to the "men folk" a lot, the ones sitting on their butts while the women rush around and clean up the mess.

I think you will find with business women, there is less of a line between the sexes. Two of my favorite cartoons are South Park and Beavis and Butthead. And I go to Comic Con. And I like action movies. I REMEMBER the 60's and the 70's and how women had to FIGHT to get equal rights. Women in their 20's and 30's are reaping the seeds sown by the sweat and blood of those women. Despite Dr Laura.

Okay - jumping off my soap box now

Not only was there an actual historical Ark, there is a group in Ethiopia that claims to still have it.

see http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/ark-covenant-200712.html

and http://www.sacredsites.com/africa/ethiopia/sacred_sites_ethiopia.html

Truth is indeed stranger than the movies. Still, ya gotta keep in mind that, as Indy says, "Archeology is not an exact science."

(ha-ha-ha-ha-ha - that just cracks me up every time!) :)

... talking about dog and poo ... I have to share this new knowledge about mixing canines. So one of the scouts came up and ask me this and I'm not quite sure about the answer:

When you cross a Yorshire Terrier with a Poodle, you'll get a Yorkiepoo.

When you cross a Chihuahua and a Poodle, you'll get a Chipoo.

What do you get when you cross a Bulldog and a Shih Tzu?

;)

1Hour

(12.5 years old)(This message has been edited by OneHour)

Only on this forum have I seen a thread on fake dog poop take up three pages and covers just about every topic in the book; religion, behavioral problems, guys and gals, etc. And yet what I can't figure out is how in the world this thread continue without some political reference to the upcoming election. Com'on people, surely there's a connection here somewhere!

Have a good one! I'm going camping, I'll check in on Sunday to see if this problem has been remedied... or are we in need of a fake veterinarian?

Stosh