Chapter 11 announced - Part 14 - Plan Effective

44 minutes ago, Ojoman said:

be nice if the same thing happens to the lawyers

That is exactly what happens for most of the lawyers. They get a percentage of the distribution.  

@Eagle1970Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that. The state by state difference is terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This framing drives me crazy.  BSA isn't being sued because BSA has money, BSA is being sued because BSA DID SOMETHING WRONG!  That has been the finding of virtually every judge and jury that has hear

I just wanted to say happy father's day to all the Survivors who tried and have tried their best, for so long, to be the best father they could be.  The secrets you kept to protect the partners in you

Maybe just a moment to take a break in the discussion and upvote or downvote @RememberSchiff for his diligent and faithful monitoring of this site, and all the delightful and informative Scouting news

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Eagle1970 said:

I probably will appeal but can see where it's headed. 

What is the "appeal process"? I was not aware that there was any appeal process.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:10 PM, Bzzy said:

What is the "appeal process"? I was not aware that there was any appeal process.

If you feel that the amount isn't fair you can appeal. You can go to the settlement trust website and click on the the settlement plan for more info. 

2 minutes ago, PaleRider said:

If you feel that the amount isn't fair you can appeal. You can go to the settlement trust website and click on the the settlement plan for more info. 

You can "request reconsideration" along with a check for $1000.  If they deny "reconsideration", they simply keep the $1000.  More abuse.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This fits into the general subject, though it may need to be moved.  I found it interesting that it discusses similar concerns that seem connected to the BSA problems.  And it too has been apparently swept under the proverbial rugs.  It relates to the staging and filming of preteen and early teen TV shows on Nickelodeon and other similar channels.    

https://www.aol.com/why-quiet-set-documentary-nickelodeon-204637311.html

• 4 weeks later...

04/19/2024 Iowa:  Just before deadline, Gov. Reynolds signs statute of limitations bill for Iowa Boy Scout abuse victims.

Sources:

https://dailyiowan.com/2024/04/19/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-signs-law-helping-boy-scout-sexual-abuse-survivors/

https://www.kcrg.com/2024/04/19/gov-reynolds-signs-bill-help-boy-scout-sex-abuse-victims/

• Thanks 1