Youth Protection, 18-20 year olds, women leaders

7 hours ago, elitts said:

That would be like saying older, beat up cars are linked with car accidents.  There is a link, but not because older cars actually cause accidents, it's because young new drivers are prone to accidents so parents buy them older beat up cars.

I don't know, I've never seen a wheel fall off a newer car or an engine fire from a fuel line not properly reinstalled. Older cars need more maintenance, maintenance costs money, people think "how hard could it be?", accidents happen. Is that causal?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to admit this is one rule I'd modify. I can't see how letting an 18 yo scout stay with his friends is a problem. Without friendships scouting is a bust. Lack of friendships is the main reason s

This thread has gone from 18 yo scouts to following rules to bad beer humor to women scouters to substance abuse and a strange reference to Rabbinic Judaism. It's New Year's eve. If there were ev

We had more interest from women then men for our Philmont trip. We had 3 women go with two crews.  We also have several women go to our summer camps.     When I took over my pack, there were ze

On 1/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, yknot said:

That's not the one I was referring to. It's one by elitts that was posted on Monday starting with "First..."  If I could figure out how to cut and paste it here, I would do so for you. 

Although I disagree with the comment you selected as well. Alcohol use disorders are clearly linked to abuse.  I've worked in juvenile diversion. It is a pretty common denominator that cuts across social class and standing among other things.

My mistake.  Thanks for the correction.