Chapt 11 Proof of Claim leads to Local Search Warrant, Arrest

1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

That’s awful. What was the reporting and disciplinary process? 

I don't know.   The juvenile justice system is a mystery.  I was asked to write out a statement.  Then I never heard anything about it after that.  The whole process is very secret.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so sorry to those survivors whom, through this entire process, are continually being triggered, re-traumatized etc... as reports, information etc... are reported. Stay safe and strong! You WILL g

True, it is. However, in a good number of states due to mandatory reporting statutes plus BSA's YPT rules, the scouter who finds out about the abuse does not have a choice about whether or not they re

We don’t know the specifics of this case.  Perhaps they did discuss this with the claimant.  I absolutely agree law enforcement should communicate with victims and involve them in the process.  I hope

29 minutes ago, David CO said:

I don't know.   The juvenile justice system is a mystery.  I was asked to write out a statement.  Then I never heard anything about it after that.  The whole process is very secret.  

Sorry. My cousin was a PD representing almost exclusively juveniles and it sure seems to be, as she described it. Of course, those made it into the judicial system. She’s now a judge magistrate and sees many of her “kids” cycle back. Not encouraging.  

12 hours ago, ThenNow said:

My cousin was a PD representing almost exclusively juveniles

I have no problem with that.  I have seen a lot of kids who were mistreated by the system and needed a good lawyer to protect them.  

• Upvote 1

If it’s of any benefit, the LCs have full access to the POCs implicating them, without redaction of the survivor claimant’s identifying information. The Ad Hoc Committee of Local Councils was allowed access to the redacted versions only. Also, once they are in the hands of the LC, their interpretation of “mandatory reporting,” per the Confidentiality provions of the POC, moderated or monitored in any way. That’s what I am being told. Once they have them, they can use that information as they see fit ONLY as to reporting and law enforcement. 

Edited by ThenNow